Senior Financial Analyst, Fundraising & Communications - 22128
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
- Leads annual expense budgeting process for all of the Fundraising & Communications divisions. Works with departments’ Directors and Sr Directors in projecting their operating expenses and staffing needs. Maintains detailed budget information in the Adaptive budgeting system.
- Monitors expenses to ensure that the departments spend within available expense budget and that restricted funds are used according to donor requirements. Performs monthly review of actual financial performance against budget and ensures that projections and monthly reports are accurate for publication. Reviews analyses with the Finance Manager and adjusts budget as necessary. Is the ongoing point of contact for Fundraising & Communications budget holders with various skill levels on financial matters.
- Provides technical support in annual revenue budgeting and review and supports budgeting and financial management of the General & Administration divisions as needed.
- Works with departments and the Accounting team to ensure that the month- and year-end close schedules are implemented in a timely manner. This includes the review of open liabilities, expense accruals, and prepaid accounts in Workday.
- Identifies and provides WWF financial management and other relevant trainings to staff with budgetary responsibilities. Performs expense and staffing ad hoc analysis of varying complexity, reviews findings, and makes informed recommendations. Identifies reporting and dashboard needs of the Fundraising & Communications divisions and works with other Finance department staff to generate and implement solutions.
- Provides technical support in the joint costing function for WWF. Completes quarterly review of membership cost sheets and processes the joint costing of related marketing material based on specific criteria in accordance with FASB 98-2 regulations for joint costs. Supports the Sr Financial Analyst (Reporting) in comparative analysis and audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance, and a minimum of 6 years related experience is required. Alternatively, a Master’s degree in a related field (MBA preferred) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience will suffice.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate budget development, perform financial analysis, and work with non-financial staff at various levels is required.
- Ability to operate with considerable independence and discretion, show good judgment, problem-solve, and take initiative.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, with the ability to convey complex information effectively.
- Excellent analytical, financial, and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Workday and Adaptive experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of being able to pick up system-related skills quickly is a must.
- Ability to work with a wide range of staff and as an effective team member and individual contributor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Experience in Microsoft Access preferred.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22128
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.