Senior Director, Communications, Markets and Markets Institute - 22122
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
- Create awareness and build consensus about issues, trends, tools, and strategies to focus and leverage external partners and motivate change at speed and scale
- Partner with team leads and subject matter experts to develop, refine, package, and represent conservation programs and strategies
- Translate conservation programs and map out milestones/key moments for donor, corporate, public, advocacy, and other stakeholder communications
- Lead strategic communications for Markets and Markets Institute, including message development and crisis counsel and strategies
- Manage expectations and resources to maximize communications outputs/ROI
- Provide strategic expertise and share knowledge of industry outlets to support media outreach and other external communications
- Run programmatic communications channels (e.g., partnership websites, social media channels), including counsel and capacity for alliances, partnerships, and coalitions
- Track, share, and make recommendations regarding activities and priorities across WWF-US and Network communications teams and other internal and external communities
- Create, edit, and review content for external use
- Run brand/logo approvals
- Liaise with communications functions across WWF-US and the network, helping to coordinate and champion Markets priorities
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus
- A minimum of ten years of professional related work required; five of which around multi-stakeholder consensus building
- Knowledge of environmental and/or sustainability required
- Demonstrated success in effectively facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills, presence, and ability to effectively interact and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to think laterally, connect the dots, anticipate issues
- Proven experience developing regular communications products, news feeds, and social media
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional standards or quality and strong organizational/project management skills
- Strong commitment to mission, goals, and values
- Ability to operate independently as well as with a team in a multi-cultural environment
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22122
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.