Senior Development Officer, Gift Planning - 23055
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
9 days ago
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years’ professional experience (or an advanced degree with a minimum 3 years’ experience); demonstrated experience in fundraising/development and gift planning required.
- Relevant professional credential or planned giving certification preferred (e.g. CPA, JD, CFP, CAP, CGPA, CFRE.)
- Experience with planned gift vehicles and assets, and comfort with financial concepts.
- Able to communicate confidently, accurately, and clearly the financial and charitable components of planned gifts with prospects and their advisors.
- Able to prioritize and complete work with minimal supervision, and to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with older persons and the special skills and interest necessary to do so sensitively, patiently and productively.
- Ability and willingness to travel for WWF events and donor visits (approximately once a month)
- Excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and follow-through on prospect management.
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word; familiar with Excel.
- Experience with planned gift calculation software (PG Calc, Crescendo, for example) required.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23055
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.