Financial/Agreement Support: The SA will review and process payments for credit cards transactions, invoices, and reimbursements; determine the proper coding into financial system through coordination and consulting with Program Operations & Accounting staff. In addition to reclassing and tracking payments using the WorkDay system, the SA will serve as a “team expert” for the initiation and creation of new consultancy, travel, and/or grant agreements using the SmartSimple system. This entails verification of bank details with new vendors and consultants; liaising with Program Operations for status updates on payments, financial, and technical deliverables, and serving as a point person for the technical officer for internal and external related inquiries.
SharePoint & Teams Sites: The SA will oversee and maintain the Forest Team’s intranet and depot sites by updating travel approval and team calendar forms, maintaining team directory, updating, and archiving document repositories, collaborating with initiative leads and the communications team for accuracy of content related to the forest initiatives, updating photos, and updating the team calendar.
Travel Coordination: The SA will coordinate and make travel arrangements for senior leaders ensuring visa requirements and preparations are complete. In coordination with ALTOUR, review and propose flight recommendations, produce travel itinerary, compilation of travel materials and other supporting travel documents, as necessary.
General Administrative Duties: In addition to the responsibilities referenced above, the SA will order office supplies, coordinate mailings, the production and distribution of documents, greet visitors, provide basic IT support, and manage a variety of internal and external requests.
Other duties as assigned: The SA will also perform other tasks or projects assigned by the manager.
- A high school diploma (bachelor’s degree is highly preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience within the administrative/clerical/office professional field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and video-conferencing platforms (i.e., Zoom, Teams, etc.)
- Experience using software applications, i.e., Workday, SmartSimple, SharePoint, Microsoft Power App, Microsoft Power Automate, Microsoft Forms, and Airtable, preferred.
- Good organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents; effective writing ability necessary to prepare correspondence.
- Strong interest in a career path as an Administrative Professional, preferred.
- Behavioral Competencies
- Superb diligence is essential to navigating through the organization’s systems and processes.
- Adaptability to adjust to changing priorities and multiple requests while still meeting the needs of the team.
- Reliability to prioritize and see assigned tasks to completion with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal Communication/Collaboration is required for courtesy, tact and diplomacy when engaging other departments and stakeholders for internal and external meeting coordination pertaining to the team’s goals.
- Initiative to proactively take charge or instinctively provide a resolution for conflicts which occur frequently in managing schedules.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values:
- COURAGE – We demonstrate courage through our actions, we work for change where it’s needed, and we inspire people and institutions to tackle the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
- INTEGRITY – We live the principles we call on others to meet. We act with integrity, accountability and transparency, and we rely on facts and science to guide us and to ensure that we learn and evolve.
- RESPECT – We honor the voices and knowledge of people and communities that we serve, and we work to secure their rights to a sustainable future.
- COLLABORATION – We deliver impact at the scale of the challenges we face through the power of collective action and innovation.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #24055
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.