Senior Administrative Assistant, Integration and Performance, GEF Agency, and Conservation Financ...
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant, Integration and Performance, GEF Agency, and Conservation Finance at our Washington, DC office.
This position performs a variety of standard and frequently complex administrative duties, accounting tasks and special projects to ensure the smooth functioning of a number of units supporting the Chief Conservation Officer including the Performance and Integration team, GEF Agency Team, and Conservation Finance Team. Uses administrative skills, organizational skills, and a detailed knowledge of the organization and its programs and policies to further programmatic goals of these teams.Responsibilities:
- Coordinates meetings, conferences, special events, including attendee coordination, space and equipment rental, AV needs, catering, and material preparation. Arranges meetings and makes appointments for senior staff.
- General office duties - makes travel arrangements for senior staff when requested in accordance with departmental and organizational policies; handles administrative aspects of new employee set-up; orders office supplies, coordinates mailings, production and distribution of documents, reports and other materials. Performs miscellaneous office tasks. May assign work and coordinate projects performed by part-time and temporary staff.
- Financial support - Reviews and processes payments for credit cards transactions and invoices, inputs proper coding into financial system, prepares check and/or wire requests, handles reclasses and serves as the liaison with accounting to track payments. Monitors expense reports against budget, seeking explanations for significant variations. Compiles and reviews financial reports submitted by others. Assists supervisor with developing preliminary data and background information for budget preparation process.
- Recordkeeping - Collects information and maintains logs, records and lists as required using Microsoft Word, Excel, or specialized databases such as SharePoint and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Reviews, validates and inputs data collected or provided by others. Identifies any problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve problems as needed.
- Communication - Answers and routes phone calls, greets visitors, and handles a variety of internal and external requests. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of departmental procedures, program, structure and goals.
- Collaborates with staff, from across the organization to drive results; participates in organizational and departmental events.
- Document review and preparation - Regularly composes correspondence for self and senior staff. May help prepare proposals and contracts. Keeps electronic and physical files of documents and collateral.
- Report preparation - Prepares reports for internal staff, as well as members, donors and government staff by creating tables and charts, calculating statistics, interpreting data and assisting in writing results. May assist with compiling input for proposals and preparing for presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant or secretarial position.
- A problem-solving and positive attitude, including a strong level of emotional intelligence with an understanding of how her/his emotional responses impact others positively and negatively.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers and visitors.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and specialized databases to create documents, reports and logs.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including computers, fax machines, copiers, and telephone system.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22167
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.