Senior Administrative Assistant, Freshwater, Food - 22161
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
27 days ago
As a member of the Freshwater & Food Support team (FAFS), this role reports into the Special Assistant and provides administrative support and coordination on the initiative and full team level, as well as to the Deputy, Food. This position handles a variety of standard and frequently complex administrative duties, accounting tasks and special projects, requiring great attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to digest information and build organizational, procedural, and programmatic knowledge to advance the team’s work.Responsibilities:
- Scheduling Coordination & Communication: When in office, answers and routes phone calls, greets visitors, and handles a variety of internal and external requests. Arranges meetings and makes appointments for supervisor(s) and staff. Manages own Outlook inbox and calendar as well as initiative leads’ calendars as needed. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of departmental procedures. Regularly composes correspondence for self and others. Composes complex documents for others such presentations, outgoing agreements, personnel records, Comms assets and other materials.
- Financial & Agreement Support: Reviews and processes payments for credit cards transactions and invoices, inputs proper coding into financial system, prepares check and/or wire requests, handles reclassifications and serves as the liaison with accounting to track payments. Monitors expense reports against budget, seeking explanations for significant variations. Executes contract and agreements process in organizational agreements portal in support of technical leads. Assists supervisor with developing preliminary data and background information for budget preparation process. Prepares reports for internal staff, as well as members, donors and government staff by creating tables and charts, calculating statistics, interpreting data and assisting in writing results. May assist with compiling input for proposals and preparing for presentations.
- Information Collection & Organization: Collects information and meeting notes, records, and lists on a regular or ad-hoc basis using Microsoft Word, Excel, or specialized databases such as SharePoint and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Reviews, validates, and inputs data collected or provided by others. Identifies any problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve problems as needed. Follows up on next steps from meetings and tracks progress.
- General Office and Administrative Support: Makes travel arrangements; handles administrative aspect of new employee set-up; orders office supplies, coordinates mailings, production and distribution of documents, reports, and other materials. Performs miscellaneous office tasks. May assign work and coordinate projects performed by part-time and temporary staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Team Events & Comms Collaboration: Contributes to planning and running initiative and team monthly, quarterly, and annual gatherings, virtual and in-person. Coordinates other meetings/conferences/special events, including attendee coordination, space and equipment rental, AV needs, catering, and material preparation. Supports or leads cross-collaboration projects with the F&F Communications team as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and, and specialized databases to create documents, reports, and logs. Good organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents; effective writing ability necessary to prepare own correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact, and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers, and visitors.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Commitment to the Freshwater & Food team’s efforts around Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI).
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22161
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.