Senior Administrative Assistant, Executive Office - 22177
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
- Communication - Answers and routes phone calls, greets visitors, and handles a variety of internal and external requests. Arranges meetings and makes appointments for supervisor(s) and staff. Addresses complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of departmental and organizational procedures.
- Document review and preparation - Regularly composes and reviews correspondence for self and others. Transcribes voice recordings. Composes complex correspondence and documents for others such as PowerPoint presentations and memorandums, and ensures they are correct and accurate. May help assist in distributions of correspondence using techniques such as mail merges.
- Deliverable preparation – Liaise with colleagues to prepare deliverables for the President’s Office, other staff, as well as external partners and donors, by creating, gathering, proofreading, researching, and interpreting data and assisting in writing results.
- Coordinates meetings/conferences/ special events, including attendee coordination, space and equipment rental, AV needs, catering, and material preparation.
- Financial support - Reviews and processes payments for credit card transactions and invoices, inputs proper coding into financial system, prepares check and/or wire requests, handles re-classes and serves as the liaison with accounting to track payments. Monitors expense reports against budget, seeking explanations for significant variations. Compiles and reviews financial reports submitted by others. Assists supervisor with developing preliminary data and background information for budget preparation process.
- Recordkeeping - Collects information and maintains folders and logs, records, and lists on a regular or ad-hoc basis using Microsoft Word, Excel, or specialized databases such as SharePoint and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Reviews, validates and inputs data collected or provided by others. Identifies any problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve problems as needed.
- General office duties – Provides assistance as needed with travel arrangements; orders office supplies; collects, sorts, and distributes for follow-up mail items; coordinates mailings, production and distribution of documents, reports and other materials. Performs miscellaneous office tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A college diploma or equivalent. Five years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant or communications position.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneDrive), and to learn specialized databases to create documents, reports, and logs.
- Keen attention to detail. Good organizational and analytical skills needed to prepare, proof, and edit documents, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact, and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers, and visitors. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information.
- A self-starter and demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Interest in conservation is preferred, but not necessary.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
Work Location: Washington, DC – While WWF is currently operating in a hybrid work arrangement, it is expected that this role will need to be based in DC and working in the office for a moderate number of days per week/month (pending discussion with supervisor).
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22177
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.