The Senior Assistant helps colleagues within the Marketing department with administrative tasks and assists with program implementation related to event planning, member stewardship, and fundraising. The position will interact with members of the team as well as colleagues across Communications & Marketing, Accounting, IT, and elsewhere to ensure that a variety of reports, mailings, invoices, and other items are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Accounting & Finance Duties: Reviews bills, orders, and invoices for submission into internal accounting system. Prepares check and/or wire requests and completes accounting forms. Creates, codes, and monitors expense reports while tracking budget, seeking explanations for significant variations, forwards questionable items to supervisor. Compiles and reviews financial reports submitted by others. Assists managers with budgeting and expense planning in a collaborative process. Develops detailed knowledge of office procedures to answers questions from staff.
- Recordkeeping & Databases: Collects information and maintains records and lists using Microsoft Word, Excel, and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Reviews, validates, and inputs data as needed and prints out letters, reports, and lists upon request. Identifies any problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve issues as needed.
- Document Review & Preparation: Composes correspondence for self and others. Composes complex documents such as reports for others and ensures they are correct and accurate. May help prepare proposals and contracts.
- Filing & Mailings: Maintains accurate and organized paper and electronic files of items such as bills, purchase orders, insertion orders, invoices, and other financial documents. Coordinates mailings or other distributions of information from the department, both internally and externally.
- Member Services: Assists with requests related to membership services, including preparing letters and packages, responding to telephone calls, and coordinating with the team lead to help steward our members. May also assist with managing premium items returned to the office, internal requests, and related membership items.
- General Administrative Support: Coordinates meetings/conferences, including reserving meeting rooms, ordering catering, assisting with meeting, expo, and trade show setups, organizing conference calls and preparing/distributing materials. Makes domestic and occasional international travel itineraries for senior staff, upon request. Orders office supplies. Performs miscellaneous office tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Five years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant position.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills plus the ability to edit and input data into CRM databases.
- Must have the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and complete work on time with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents; effective writing ability necessary to prepare write letters, memos, emails, etc. to a variety of recipients and audiences.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact, and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers, and visitors.
- A keen interest in the functions of a nonprofit organization’s membership division and in financial data.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23043
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.