Senior Administrative Assistant - 23023
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
- Coordinates meetings - Conferences, special events, including attendee coordination, space and equipment rental, AV needs, catering, and material preparation. Arranges meetings and makes appointments for senior staff.
- General office duties - Makes travel arrangements for senior staff when requested in accordance with departmental and organizational policies; handles administrative aspects of new employee set-up; orders office supplies, coordinates mailings, production and distribution of documents, reports and other materials. Performs miscellaneous office tasks. May assign work and coordinate projects performed by part-time and temporary staff.
- Financial support - Reviews and processes payments for credit cards transactions and invoices, inputs proper coding into financial system, prepares check and/or wire requests, handles reclasses and serves as the liaison with accounting to track payments. Monitors expense reports against budget, seeking explanations for significant variations. Compiles and reviews financial reports submitted by others. Assists supervisor with developing preliminary data and background information for budget preparation process.
- Recordkeeping - Collects information and maintains logs, records and lists as required using Microsoft Word, Excel, or specialized databases such as SharePoint and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Reviews, validates and inputs data collected or provided by others. Identifies any problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve problems as needed.
- Communication - Answers and routes phone calls, greets visitors, and handles a variety of internal and external requests. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of departmental procedures, program, structure and goals.
- Collaborates with staff - From across the organization to drive results; participates in organizational and departmental events.
- Document review and preparation - Regularly composes correspondence for self and senior staff. May help prepare proposals and contracts. Keeps electronic and physical files of documents and collateral.
- Report preparation - Prepares reports for internal staff, as well as members, donors and government staff by creating tables and charts, calculating statistics, interpreting data and assisting in writing results. May assist with compiling input for proposals and preparing for presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in administrative or support roles.
- A problem-solving and positive attitude, including a strong level of emotional intelligence with an understanding of how their emotional responses impact others positively and negatively.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers and visitors.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and specialized databases to create documents, reports and logs.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment.
- Good organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents; effective writing ability necessary to prepare own correspondence.
- Good grammar and proofreading skills needed to perform minor editing to documents.
- Ability to set priorities, manage a multitude of details simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, and work effectively solo and in a team environment.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23023
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.