SAS System Administrator - 22150
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
The SAS System Administrator will configure, administer, secure, and manage WWF’s entire SAS platform as well as liaise with SAS serving as WWF’s primary point of contact and point of escalation for service and software issues. This role will also serve as the primary Linux administrator for WWF, recommending and executing approved server configuration changes related to functionality and security, patching Linux servers, and ensuring sufficient server up-time. The SAS System Administrator will work closely with the Director of CRM, the Analytics Team, Marketing and Membership, and IT Network Services to administer and support the SAS Platform.
- Work with the Marketing Analytics team to identify and implement SAS products.
- Perform maintenance, configuration, and deployment of SAS based systems.
- Responsible for administering WWF Linux servers hosting SAS.
- Responsible for incident management as it relates to SAS based platforms.
- Collaborate with SAS support on issue resolution and new SAS solutions.
- Manage the interaction and integration of SAS with other systems.
- Understand the interaction between SAS servers and operating systems.
- Monitor server activity, administer logging, and proactively monitor usage logs to assist in performance tuning of the systems and servers.
- Establish best practices and guidelines for usage of the SAS platform.
- Implement major software upgrades, ensuring change management procedures are implemented and followed.
- Establish secure metadata folder structures, administer repositories, and move metadata.
- Securing the SAS configuration on each server machine.
- Establish formal, regularly scheduled backup processes.
- Administer user access.
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of professional experience with a minimum of 6 years of experience in SAS administration and/or SAS programming skills is required.
- Familiarity with: Base SAS, SAS Macro language and SAS SQL, Linux Server Administration.
- Familiarity with programming languages (SAS, Python) is preferred.
- Experience with SAS Viya and migrations from SAS 9.4 preferred.
- Strong desire for continual learning to both deepen current knowledge of SAS toolsets, but to also build skillsets for unfamiliar solutions.
- Willing to proactively communicate with fellow team members and cross functional stakeholders from a variety of user groups.
- Prepared to work independently and proactively solicit feedback and support from team members as needed.
- Must be a team player able to support any aspect of the project as needed to ensure project success.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition ##22150
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.