Program Operations Associate Specialist - 23091
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Program Operations Associate Specialist.
Under the direction of the Sr. Program Administrator or Director supports the budgeting and financial management, compliance, proposal development and general administrative functions for the assigned program(s). Provides financial and administrative technical assistance to program staff and others, which may include field offices and/or grantees. Ensures sound financial management, award compliance, and compliance with performance measures for assigned program(s).Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of proposal budgets by reviewing budgets and budget notes for accuracy and completeness. Ensures appropriate templates are completed correctly.
- Ensures payments are made timely and correctly coded, to ensure data integrity. Reviews actual financial performance against budget to ensure the budget stays in balance, and that end-of-year projections are accurate. Identifies problems and formulates recommendations for corrective action.
- Ensures all WWF-issued agreements and payments are prepared in accordance with organizational policies and donor requirements. Provides guidance to program staff in the negotiation and establishment of agreement terms. Works closely with the Outgoing Agreement team and serves as a focal point in Program Administration for resolving outstanding issues. Notifies Program Officers of any problems or discrepancies and provides technical assistance to grantees in resolving problematic issues. Provides support to the contract modification process. Maintains database to ensure all information is current and accurate. Monitors information to ensure deadlines and reporting requirements are met.
- Assists in the preparation of program financial and operational analyses as needed.
- Provides initial review of donor financial reports and grantee reports.
- Provides monthly budget management reports to supported teams (i.e. Budget vs. Actuals)
- Performs monthly effort certification and other expense reclasses to ensure proper charges are incurred on- projects.
- Helps to establish an annual work plan of critical financial and administrative reporting deadlines and other due dates. Works to recommend and implement departmental administrative procedures to improve work processes and workflow.
- Maintains good working relationships with program and administrative staff to support program goals and keep abreast of program issues. Manages daily office administrative issues.
- Responds to and fulfills Accounting Audit documentation requests.
- Assists in training for new Associate Specialists on process and systems, when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in related areas such as accounting, public administration.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in accounting, public administration, project or financial management with multiple funders and/or stakeholders is preferable
- Organizational, quantitative and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work accurately under time constraints.
- Demonstrated financial grant management or subgrant monitoring experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Suite, database and spreadsheet software packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Fluency in Spanish or French is a plus.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23091
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.