Nursery Curricula Review & Research Consultancy
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
The goal of this consultancy will be to determine how to best structure this program and what curricula already exist for us to adapt and use in our program.Responsibilities:
Timeline and Deliverables
Deliverables and Tasks
Overview and Purpose of Consultancy
Our CARE-WWF Alliance signature Initiative will start with a component that will train women in the development of climate-smart nurseries. The idea is to create an in-person training that offer women the skills needed to launch their own nursery – especially as related to native tree, plant and crop nurseries.
The goal of this consultancy will be to determine how to best structure this program and what curricula already exist for us to adapt and use in our program.
Scope of the Consultancy Work
The CARE-WWF Alliance seeks immediate assistance of an expert researcher and consultant knowledgeable and experienced in the areas of nursery development – as related to crops, plants and trees. The objective of the consultancy is to conduct a review of the nursery program structures and curricula and to offer recommendations on how to use their best components and good practices in the construction of a CARE-WWF Alliance training for young women in creating their own climate-smart nurseries.
- Identify the most critical nursery training and development programs that could serve as basis for our program
- Critically review and analyze selected relevant program structures and curricula
- Recommend key components and good practices to leverage in the construction of a CARE-WWF Alliance leadership training program and curricula
- Recommend program structure based on the programs reviewed that have been effective
Note: Depending on the capacity of the consultant selected for the above scope of work and the quality of the work delivered in this phase, there is potential for extending the work to include a second phase of developing the CARE-WWF Alliance Global Nursery Program structure and curricula.
The methods will depend on the consultant’s proposal, capacities and time/finances resources required. Methods must include review of training curricula and may include a wider literature review and/or focus group discussions or interviews with training program developers and/or implementers.
Timeline and Deliverables
The CARE-WWF Alliance seeks a consultant to begin this work as soon as possible. Deadlines will depend on the proposed methodology and start-date. Payments will be tied to deliverables approved by the CARE-WWF Alliance. The following captures the minimum set of deliverables expected:
- List of agreed upon programs / curricula for review / analysis after determination of criteria for program selection
- Draft of report (probably between 10-20 pages) that conveys the conclusions from the scope of work outlined above, including at least the following:
- A methods section summarizing the approach taken to complete the scope of work, including selection criteria, sampling approaches, etc.
- A list of all programs / curricula reviewed / analyzed and why these ones chosen
- A table comparing / contrasting key components, structures and practices from the best leadership development programs / curricula
- A summary of lessons learned and good practices to carry forward into Alliance programming
- Specific recommendations about what approaches and content the program / curricula the Alliance should pull from existing models
- Specific recommendations about what gaps the Alliance program needs to fill to achieve its programmatic goals and how the Alliance should go about doing so
- Final report, including annexes of all curricula reviewed and any qualitative evidence (e.g., notes from interviews or focus group discussions) that contributed to the conclusions/recommendations
- Presentation and discussion with the Alliance team
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in creating training curricula for community-based programs in Africa and/or Latin America
- Experience in the field of plants, crops or tree nursery development
- Knowledgeable and experienced in nursery development... and sustainability, climate-resilient approaches.
- Ideally have experience in integrated approaches and linkages to inclusive markets & green business
- Experience/knowledge of agroecology (or climate-resilient agriculture), sustainability.
- Experiencing with gender-responsive and gender-transformational programming
- Understanding/experience with adult learning, participatory design
Final Objective of Consultancy
Identify an ideal structure and all the components from other programs – and from gaps from other programs – to create our own nursery training program.
Deliverables and Tasks
The consultancy should not exceed 15 days. 25% will be paid out after the draft of the report and 75% will be paid out after the final report is finished.
How to Apply: The consultant will report to Cheryl Margoluis, Executive Director, CARE-WWF Alliance.
Please email applications to Cheryl.Margoluis@wwfus.org and include a resume, cover letter and proposal, with the subject line "Application for TOR Nursery Curricula Review and Research"