Manager, Blue Finance (Ocean ESG) - 23080
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
25 days ago
- Responsible for developing and leading a new program of work on Ocean ESG across a suite of blue economy sectors including seafood, shipping, marine tourism, marine renewables and others as identified. This will involve liaising with external partners and organizations in this space including, but not limited to UNEP FI, UN PRI, Responsible Investor, ORRAA.
- Responsible for identifying and building relationships with relevant financial institutions and platforms within the US and internationally.
- Working with the WWF US Oceans team for Nature Positive Business to identify and implement strategic and complementary initiatives to support NP business development for key corporate partners through blue financing opportunities
- Researching and growing the body of work through other strategic opportunities and initiatives in the ocean ESG space.
- Working with the VP of Ocean Markets and Finance and the Senior Director of Blue Finance to identify and develop funding opportunities for Blue Finance work with WWF program development teams
- Work to align Ocean ESG work with WWF SBTN Oceans Hub team including through the UNEP FI guidance for financial institutions on blue economy sectors
- Work with WWF global Finance Practice and Ocean Practice to identify opportunities for alignment of Ocean ESG work with global sustainable finance architecture including, for example, the EU taxonomy and global taxonomy development and the Task Force on Nature Related Financial Disclosure (TNFD)
- Monitors and analyzes sustainable finance policy, press, announcements and initiatives keeps team updated on relevant information, including through a regular update
- Supports Blue Finance team on other joint programs as appropriate and performs other relevant duties as assigned
- 8 to 10 years demonstrated qualification and/or experience working in sustainable finance or minimum 3 years of engagement specifically in Blue Finance
- Master’s degree in relevant field (finance, business, sustainability, conservation finance) preferred but not required.
- Experience in making the case to and engaging financial sector on nature or climate related risks and dependencies
- Familiarity with ocean-related conservation issues and solutions in at least 2/3 ocean relevant sectors (seafood, shipping, tourism, coastal development, marine renewables)
- Relationships with key blue finance stakeholders including from multilaterals, impact funds, commercial banks, investors and insurers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present arguments and analysis in a clear and succinct manner to WWF management, partners and funders
- Strong ability to take initiative with research and analysis and produce valuable results in conditions of uncertainty and working independently
- Work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams
- Excellent organizational skills and research and writing skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23080
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.