Manager, Blue Finance (Blended Financial Models) - 23060
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
17 days ago
- Responsible for engaging between Blue Finance team, broader Oceans team and relevant internal WWF teams to lead the development and implementation of large-scale sustainable financing mechanisms and blended finance vehicles for priority seascapes
- Collaborates with the Earth for Life Team, core PFP teams, governments and other partners to develop specific sustainable financing mechanisms (e.g. taxes, fees, royalties, etc.) for seascape level PFPs, including leading feasibility assessments, and design and implementation of prioritized mechanisms.
- Acts a key person in the development and implementation of ocean-related GCF funding proposals, making sure they align with strategic objectives of both the Oceans Area Based Conservation team and the Ocean Markets and Finance team and align to the GCF theory of change for financing climate mitigation and adaptation projects
- Responsible for developing and managing a program of work and portfolio of projects on innovative blue financing mechanisms that support the restoration, protection and sustainable use of oceans and coastlines in WWF’s priority seascapes, with a focus on coastal ecosystems such as mangroves, including working closely with the WWF NBS Origination Platform
- Works with the WWF US Oceans Area-Based Conservation team to identify and implement strategic and complementary initiatives that support sustainable and resilient seascapes in priority geographies
- Responsible for identifying, building and managing relationships with relevant funds, investors, consultants, platforms and project developers; and responsible for liaising with internal conservation and impact finance experts
- Supports Blue Finance team on other joint programs as appropriate and performs other relevant duties as assigned
- 8 to 10 years demonstrated qualification and/or experience working in environmental, conservation (preferably marine-related), or development finance or minimum 3 years of engagement in Blue Finance
- Master’s degree in relevant field (finance, business, sustainable development finance, conservation finance) preferred but not required.
- Financial literacy and ability to work with and interpret financial models
- High level of familiarity with ocean-related conservation issues and solutions including sustainable financing mechanism feasibility analysis, design and implementation
- Experience in ideating, developing, and implementing blue/green finance strategies or structures
- Familiarity with blended finance and common development finance tools (e.g., grants, guarantees, first loss, concessional lending, equity, etc.)
- Track record in working with multi-lateral donor community such as GCF, GEF, World Bank or other
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present arguments and analysis in a clear and succinct manner to WWF management, partners and funders
- Strong ability to take initiative with research and analysis and produce valuable results in conditions of uncertainty and working independently
- Work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
- Highly collaborative and track record working within complex team structures
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams
- Excellent organizational skills and research and writing skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23060
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.