Human Resources Business Partner - 23089
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Human Resources Business Partner.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning P&C and Organizational objectives with employees and leadership in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on people & culture-related issues. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicating proactively with our P&C department and the business unit's management, and seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the P&C function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.Responsibilities:
- Consults with senior leadership and line management, provides P&C policy guidance and interpretation.
- Conducts periodic meetings with respective business units.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conducts interpersonal and team development activities, such as DiSC and Crucial Conversations training and facilitates teambuilding sessions.
- Conducts and facilitates training across the organization on P&C policies, New Manger Program, New Employee Orientation, Performance Management Process, and others.
- Serves as integral part of P&C initiatives that occur on a regular or ad hoc basis such as job descriptions updates, changes to the performance review process, climate/culture surveys etc.
- Provides day-to-day guidance to team management on performance management, talent acquisition, promotions, transfers, and workforce planning.
- Partners with other units in the Talent Team to coordinate work and to develop and project plan solutions, programs, and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partners with General Council as needed/required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 6 to 8 years of experience in Human Resources as a Generalist or Manager. 4 years of experience can substitute for a degree.
- Additional experience in HR specialty areas like diversity and inclusion, work force planning, training and development and/ or employee relations is a plus.
- Able to build long-term, trusting relationships with clients and with HR colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills requiring knowing when to use courtesy, tact and/or diplomacy to effectively communicate with all constituents
- Can maintain confidentiality and possesses extremely high integrity.
- Excellent work ethic and great organization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required and the ability to communicate complex issues both verbally and in written form
- Ability to effectively prioritize and produce high-quality work
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a matrixed team environment
- Is a dot-connector and solution oriented
- Aptitude for problem-solving, decision-making, and process oriented.
- Working knowledge of appropriate HR laws and regulations.
- Will have HRIS experience with various programs (Workday would be a nice to have)
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23089
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.