Grants Compliance & Donor Reporting Specialist - 23045
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
- Works with the Sr Specialist, Financial Reporting and Compliance to ensure that financial reporting compliance for all assigned donor agreements are completed. This requires analyzing complex financial data, preparing donor required financial reports, reviewing allowable costs, and maximizing cost recovery. Focus on USG funded agreements, potential for other funding sources as assigned.
- Tracks revenue and accounts receivable for assigned USG agreements to monitor and analyze receipt of revenue, prepares requests for WWF’s USG letters of credit, and follows up with donors to resolve any outstanding payment issues.
- Collaborates with financial and technical leads on large USG projects to provide ongoing financial compliance related guidance for successful project implementation and project audits.
- In collaboration with the Sr Specialist, Financial Reporting and Compliance, reviews and approves financial reporting components of incoming USG agreements to WWF for reasonableness.
- Supports components of WWF's annual Single Audit process including timely preparation of the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA), facilitating collection and review of audit documentation from other WWF Offices, and directly working with external auditors to resolve issues.
- Supports or leads required USG funded project audits in collaboration with WWF Country Offices, Network Development and Compliance, WWF’s Controller, and WWF’s external auditors.
- Assist with preparation of NICRA submissions.
- Supports WWF’s annual USAID/Private Voluntary Organization (PVO) registration process which ensures continued funding eligibility for WWF with USAID.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience. Will require a minimum of 4 years of experience in financial management of USG agreements. USAID experience is preferred.
- Excellent financial and accounting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- Initiative, strong organizational skills, flexibility, writing abilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of a team, work independently, and maintain flexibility.
- Advanced Excel capabilities. Experience with Office Connect, Adaptive, Oracle, or Workday preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Spanish language strongly preferred.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23045
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.