Freshwater & Food Communications Specialist - 23085
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Freshwater & Food Communications Specialist.
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Freshwater & Food Communications Specialist for our team in Washington, DC. This position supports the Freshwater & Food Communications team in the management and delivery of key strategic communications initiatives supporting the Freshwater and Food conservation goals. This position plays a critical role at the forefront of our internal and external communications efforts, including the website, social media channels, media, and donor-communications.Responsibilities:
- Support day-to-day communications activities for freshwater and food initiatives, including creating & maintaining freshwater and food related content for web, social media, and/or print materials, on-boarding materials for new team members, and promotional collateral for other internal WWF colleagues as well as external partners.
- Manage data systems/design/delivery for internal and external outreach.
- Provides communications expertise and advice to relevant WWF and partner-organized events, including national and international conferences, and/or private sector engagement opportunities.
- Support communication, planning, and logistics between the Freshwater and Food teams and other relevant teams in the organization such as Development & Private Sector Engagement, to advance our goals.
- Support development and execution of special communications/outreach projects and partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Environment, Communications or related area.
- 4+ years relevant communications and/or marketing experience.
- Detailed organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write, edit, and distill volumes of technical content into easy-to-consume formats.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, experience working on matrixed teams.
- Committed to the Freshwater and Food team’s values of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI)
- Willingness to travel as needed up to 20%. Travel is both within the US and internationally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook required.
- Strong project management skills
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23085
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.