Food Loss & Waste Program Associate, Hospitality and Foodservice Sector Engagement - 22174
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
This work will directly support management and scaling of the Hotel Kitchen platform of food waste guidance for hotels, including fundraising, pre-competitive industry engagement, and execution of on-the-ground projects. Additionally, this role will help coordinate the Food Waste program’s 1:1 corporate partnership with leading hotel, cruise, and food service businesses.
- Project and relationship management – Assisting relationship management and communication activities, including project management support of major initiatives with corporate partners, peer NGOs, government agencies, and other key internal and external partners.
- External meeting support - Attending calls and meetings with WWF staff and corporate partners, maintaining consistent notes, and coordinating action items to achieve project goals.
- Content development – Aiding the creation and improvement of materials like presentations, slide decks, reports, talking points, blog posts, case studies, digital content, and social media copy.
- Other duties assigned by manger.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and two years of work experience (preferred). Some previous work experience in hospitality or food service sectors is preferred (but not required)
- Able to commit to 40 hours/week for at least 1 year (with opportunity for extension)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Google Workspace (Docs, Slides, Sheets), and creating professional, external-facing deliverables
- Data analysis experience preferred
- Ability to be proactive and creative in problem-solving, including in the face of ambiguity
- Exceptional writing and speaking skills
- Experience with research and analytical skills, as well as close attention to detail are obligatory
- Ability to work productively on both independent assignments and as part of a remote team
- Fluency in English is required, additional language skills appreciated
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
This is a 1 year limited term position
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22174
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.