Finance Director, Nature-based Solutions Origination Platform - 22134
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
- Conduct investment analysis – including discounted cashflow financial modeling, valuation review and structuring – for a range of possible NbS interventions in a chosen landscape. The range of NbS interventions considered may include (but is not exclusive to) reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD); improved forest management; agricultural and commodity supply chains; and afforestation, reforestation and restoration (ARR). She/he will use his or her financial analysis and knowledge of NbS structures to evaluate the growth and return to potential stakeholders (both beneficiaries and sponsors) from both a financial and natural capital accounting perspective.
- Source and evaluate the potential for WWF to broker and/or implement new investment opportunities and financing models in selected landscapes, lead due diligence on high potential opportunities, and assist with structuring deal terms for chosen interventions by the platform.
- Support WWF senior management to refine a strategy for the platform that is aligned with our conservation mission, meets key high-quality benchmarks, and has the potential to scale in size and impact.
- Provide direction to WWF senior management in the development of partnerships and financial structuring models that mobilize both private and public capital for interventions that incorporate best practice landscape practices into sustainable business models.
- Prepare and present detailed and compelling investment documentation for internal and external stakeholders as needed, including pitch decks, financial models and partnership structures.
- Team with WWF country offices and other WWF teams working with the facility to conceptualize and draft funding proposals.
- Together with other staff working on the platform, play a key role in internal coordination and communication with WWF goal teams and other key internal functions (e.g. development team). Support external engagement with partners, prospective funders and other stakeholders.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned
- Graduate degree or bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, forestry, engineering, environmental management and/or equivalent transactional experience either structuring landscape investment vehicles or making direct climate or conservation investments (CFA or equivalent).
- Preferred 10 years demonstrated experience working with stakeholders at either a regional, national and/or jurisdictional level on the origination or structuring of conservation or climate finance vehicles (REDD+, carbon credits, payment for ecosystem services, impact bonds, equity funds, structured finance products, etc.) or relevant work in sectoral areas (agriculture, forestry, etc).
- Superior financial and business analysis skills, including demonstrated ability to develop discounted cashflow modeling for different NbS interventions, as demonstrated by prior experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present arguments and analysis in a clear and succinct manner to WWF management, partners and funders
- Strong ability to take initiative with research and analysis and produce valuable results in conditions of uncertainty and working independently
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment, executing quickly on a range of strategic and transactional responsibilities, as well as thinking critically to add value and solve problems.
- Work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
- Fluency in Spanish is an advantage
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22134
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.