ESSF Project Compliance Coordinator - 22171
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
19 days ago
- Provide a help desk function to program staff/technical leads in completing ESSF due diligence on projects, proposals, and agreements to ensure all new program work is compliant. This includes answering process questions, guiding staff on surfacing potential risks, and connecting them to other ESSF resources as necessary.
- Conduct portfolio level review of ESSF due diligence compliance. Review completion of ESSF due diligence modules in SmartSimple to identify where there are gaps in fulfilling due diligence. When gaps are identified, engage relevant program in conducting due diligence or escalate to Vice President, Conservation Program Management and/or Vice President, Program Operations, as appropriate.
- In coordination with the rest of the ESSF team conduct target trainings around project level ESSF compliance.
- Coordinate with Program Operations, IT, and the Country Office Support Unit on maintenance, management, and improvements to the ESSF due diligence module in SmartSimple.
- Coordinate with WWF’s Enterprise Risk Management Function and ESSF team on application and use of risk checklist, project risk workshops, and other shared due diligence efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 0-2 years’ experience in conservation programs and/or environmental or social impacts. Skills in developing programs/systems, implementing training, and communication execution desired. Bachelor’s degree in a social science, environmental science, international development or, a related field, or equivalent, and familiarity with the systems preferred.
- Strong data processing, analysis, and reporting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate in a concise and actionable manner to senior management.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications; ability to understand and document complex business processes.
- A self-starter bringing with the energy and resilience to continually drive improvements and change.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22171
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.