- Donor Communications and Correspondence – 60%: Manages donor inquiry processes to effectively and efficiently resolve requests or route to appropriate teams within WWF. Creates donor-facing responses and follow up via email, phone, and mail as appropriate, and enters all relevant information in CRM database. In collaboration with Annual Giving officers, maintains a targeted portfolio of donors in permanent stewardship and manages those relationships on behalf of WWF. Supports Annual Giving team’s solicitation and stewardship activities, including data preparation and correspondence personalization. Ensures all correspondence is free from grammatical errors, using approved WWF language.
- CRM Database Processes and Data Integrity – 20%: Develops processes and protocols for data management to support team activities, including entry of marketing effort segmentation in collaboration with Lead Specialist, Direct Response, report preparation, and data reconciliation. Maintains accurate/clean donor data records, including contact information and communications preferences, in collaboration with fundraising operations, donor engagement, and research/prospect management teams. Reviews, validates and inputs collected data using established upload procedures. Coordinates with staff to resolve problems as needed. Ensures proper handling of gift documentation for the team. Processes gifts of securities for the organization.
- Financial Accountability and Team Support – 15%: Prepares expense reports, reviews, submits and codes invoices, and assists Annual Giving team with travel arrangements for donor meetings and events as necessary. Monitors expense reports for significant or unexpected variances. Prepares mailings, production of documents, reports and other materials. May assign work and coordinate projects performed by part-time and temporary staff. Provides general orientation and training to the team and other colleagues as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned – 5%.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience specifically in donor relations or an Associate’s degree with 4 years of related experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to proof and edit documents.
- Familiarity and ease in using Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data. Experience using a CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) system required.
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize time, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates flexibility to changing situations and ability to balance competing demands and priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to professionally represent WWF to donors, members and the public, and exhibits familiarity with Development best practices and techniques
- High standard of ethics, assuring discreet handling of donor records and adherence to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Donor Bill of Rights.
- Experience planning and coordinating projects and meetings; familiarity with event planning a plus.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values:
- COURAGE – We demonstrate courage through our actions, we work for change where it’s needed, and we inspire people and institutions to tackle the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
- INTEGRITY – We live the principles we call on others to meet. We act with integrity, accountability and transparency, and we rely on facts and science to guide us and to ensure that we learn and evolve.
- RESPECT – We honor the voices and knowledge of people and communities that we serve, and we work to secure their rights to a sustainable future.
- COLLABORATION – We deliver impact at the scale of the challenges we face through the power of collective action and innovation.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #24060
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.