Benefits Specialist - 23057
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
13 days ago
- Serves as primary point of contact for benefit and wellness inquiries for WWF-US staff. Included but not limited to health and welfare benefits, pension plans, workers compensation, FMLA and disability.
- Administers all benefit changes in Workday. Works with HR Operations team to ensure accuracy of benefit transactions in Workday and with benefit vendors.
- Works with the manager to administer leave of absence including leave planning, coordination with UNUM, and coordination with the HR Operations team. Maintains accurate and timely leave records for impacted staff.
- Ensures that all benefit events requiring the Evidence of Insurability (EOI) have the correct status and are processed correctly. Ensures that the coverage of associated benefits is correct before and after the EOI completion and approval.
- Completes the biweekly benefits reconciliations and prepares the biweekly benefits changes file.
- Reviews and approves the biweekly 403(b) and 457(b) contribution and 403(b) loan files. Completes various pension plan tasks such as approvals of rollovers or distribution of notices. Works with the HR Operations team to address pension data discrepancies as needed. Assists with generation of the annual 403(b) compliance test file.
- Codes benefits invoices and monitors timely payments. Serves as primary point of contact for benefit and compensation billing questions. Processes journal entries as needed. Works with HR Operations team to ensure that the invoices match both, benefit elections and payroll deductions.
- Works with HR Operations team to prepare bike reimbursements, Capital Kids deductions, service awards, and metro orders. Processes adjustments as needed.
- Works with HR Operations team to assist with several annual projects including but not limited to Open Enrollment, 1095C production, and audits.
- Works with Manager of Benefits & Wellness on various benefits and wellness projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned and plays an active role in the successful operation of the HR department.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience including 2 years of experience in HRIS data management is required. Experience with Workday and system implementation is preferred.
- CEBS and/or CCP preferred
- Experience with FMLA, 403(b), HIPAA, Workers Compensation and other state and federal benefits laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Integrity and the ability to work with confidential information with discretion.
- Strong problem-solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, sound judgment, willingness to take initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of MS Suite with focus on Excel is required.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23057
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.