Associate Specialist, Private Sector Engagement - 23073
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
19 days ago
- Conducts research and data analysis relevant to sustainability impacts and performance of companies in WWF corporate partnership portfolio.
- Assists in the development of tools, processes and presentations related to corporate sustainability performance, WWF corporate partnerships achievements, and WWF private sector influence.
- Under the guidance of supervisor, tracks and monitors key metrics for existing corporate partnerships, compiling and providing reports to PSE team members.
- Under the guidance of supervisor, gathers input from conservation goal teams on private sector expectations and leverage points.
- Drafts research-based communications (written, verbal, and visual) on recommendations and data analysis, in the framework of the broader WWF mission.
- Provides input on potential new data sources and methods of analysis, while maintaining high data quality and integrity.
- With direction from the SVP and VP, performs thoughtful and effective advance research and planning for events, including coordination for large multi-lateral events attended by WWF delegations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral partner meetings and field visits, and internal coordination with teams across the organization (often in collaboration with the PSE Executive Assistant).
- Compiles, drafts and edits briefings, materials, analyses, reports, presentations, etc. on WWF private sector engagements with input from technical and account leads to ensure that SVP and VP are prepared for external and internal meetings.
- Assists with project management, monitors deadlines, follows up on delegated projects, and provides appropriate coordination on tasks that require research and interaction with Senior Management Team members, Network and WWF-US colleagues, external partners, and/or consultants.
- Provides support and recommendations on strategies and processes to strengthen partner relationships.
- Manages high-level contacts of a complex and confidential nature both inside and outside the organization with mature discretion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international environmental policy, natural resources, business, agriculture & rural development, environmental science, sustainable finance, or sustainable development are preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience preferred (advanced degree or equivalent experience may satisfy this requirement)
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Word, Teams/SharePoint and other programs or applications, such as GIS, relational databases, Airtable, Mural.
- Passion and interest in the power of business, especially corporate sustainability, to support WWF’s conservation mission
- Knowledge of corporate sustainability reporting, GHG accounting, or other sustainability performance measurement frameworks.
- Experience with managing research projects, interfacing with external partners, and/or change management
- Experience in event planning or multi-organization platform coordination
- Proactive and resourceful self-starter that is comfortable navigating ambiguous environments and collaborating openly.
- Organized qualitative and quantitative researcher with a commitment to quality work
- Capable of synthesizing multiple perspectives and data points effectively into actionable recommendations and compelling written, visual, and verbal narratives
- Ability to prioritize and handle many details to meet deadlines and adapt to those that shift
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23073
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.