Analyst, Benefits & Compensation - 22125
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
- Serves as primary point of contact for compensation and benefit related inquiries for headquarters and field staff. Included but not limited to pay/promotion matters, health and welfare benefits, pension plans, workers compensation, FMLA and disability.
- Works with Total Rewards Director on various compensation projects.
- Works with Manager of Benefits & Wellness on various benefits and wellness projects.
- Works with HR Operations team to ensure accuracy of benefit transactions in Workday and with benefit vendors. Assists with the biweekly benefits reconciliations and preparation of the biweekly benefits changes file.
- Conducts Benefits Orientation for new hires and newly eligible employees. Communicates and verifies eligibility changes as needed.
- Works with HR Operations team to manage the relationship between WWF and third-party benefits administrators to ensure smooth functioning of benefit programs.
- Administers leave of absence including leave planning, coordination with UNUM, and coordination with the HR Operations team.
- Collaborates with employees, UNUM and HR Operations team to ensure that all benefit events requiring the Evidence of Insurability (EOI) have the correct status and are processed correctly in benefits and in payroll. Ensures that the coverage of associated benefits is correct before and after the EOI completion and approval.
- Codes benefits and compensation invoices and monitors timely payments. Serves as primary point of contact for benefit and compensation billing questions. Processes journal entries as needed. Works with HR Operations team to ensure that the invoices match both, benefit elections and payroll deductions.
- Collaborates with the HR Operations team to timely and accurately prepare and process employees’ service awards.
- Works with the Communications team to ensure all benefits and compensation initiatives and policies are current and accurate.
- Works with HR Operations team to assist with several annual projects including but not limited to Open Enrollment, 1095C production, and audits.
- Identifies benefits and compensation reporting needs and works with HR Operations and IT teams to ensure these reporting needs are being met.
- Performs other duties as assigned and plays an active role in the successful operation of the Human Resources Department.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration. A minimum of 4 years of professional experience including 2 years of experience in HRIS data management is required. Experience with Workday and system implementation is preferred.
- CEBS and/or CCP preferred
- Experience with FMLA, 403(b), HIPAA, Workers Compensation and other state and federal benefits laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Integrity and the ability to work with confidential information with discretion.
- Strong problem-solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, sound judgment, willingness to take initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of MS Suite with focus on Excel is required.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22125
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.