Accounting Manager - 23016
World Wide Fund for Nature
Washington, DC, United States
16 days ago
- Manages day to day accounting for WWF Impact LLC including month and year end process; accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, cash disbursements, revenue, expenses, and general ledger.
- Prepares the monthly and annual financial statements for the WWF Impact LLC and corresponding supporting schedules.
- Ensures that the financial statements and financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Performs the accounting aspects of major programs or donors, such as the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the Green Climate Fund (GCF) by preparing the trial balance, population, and corresponding financial statements for specific donor audits.
- Oversees the reconciliation of expenditures performed by the Senior Grants Accountant.
- Reviews monthly reconciliation of WWF Impact LLC bank account in a timely manner.
- Reviews financial reports and transactions provided by property management company for 24 LLC and Street LLC and makes necessary inquiries.
- Prepares and posts journal entries in the accounting systems and performs reconciliation for 24 LLC and Street LLC.
- Assists in month end close process as it relates to LLC.
- Performs ASC 842 Lease journal entries and related activities.
- Assists in general ledger maintenance including accruals, adjusting entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide accounting guidance and be a resource to the International Accounting team.
- Prepares the monthly intercompany entries and reconciles the LLC accounts to WWF’s consolidated ledgers.
- Ensures intercompany activity postings are accurate and complete. Assists in identifying any discrepancies in the accounts, troubleshoots the origin, and makes correcting entries to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Prepares consolidating schedules for year-end financial statements.
- Maintains relationship with the LLC property management company for 24 LLC and Street LLC.
- Maintains close relationship with the Program Operations staff to facilitate grants accounting reconciliations and reviews.
- Prepares coding for ad hoc bank transactions for Headquarters made to the LLC entities.
- Presents recommendations to management to improve systems, processes and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Maintains fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Coordinates with outside auditors and provides necessary information for the annual external audit.
- Manages the Senior Grants Accountant following WWF Performance Management philosophy and protocols and assures work environment represents WWF culture and values.
- Develops and delivers a variety of training sessions related to Accounting and audit issues.
- Performs ad-hoc reporting and special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned and serves as the backup for other accounting staff on specific duties.
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, with a focus in accounting required
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting experience required
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and process flow skills including general ledger work
- Experience with Workday Financials Accounting System strongly preferred
- Experience with managing staff
- A demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and to see issues through to resolution
- Attention to detail; and flexibility to successfully accommodate and manage deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interacting with vendors, supporting personnel and management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and comfortable with working with large data sets
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23016
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.