Coordinator, Legacy Giving
World Wide Fund for Nature
30+ days ago
Benefits of Working at WWF-Canada
You’ll work with a team of passionate people interested in creating a Canada with abundant wildlife, where nature and people thrive. Here are some other benefits of working here:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Paid vacation time and personal days
- Training and development budget to support your professional goals
- Flexible working arrangements and telecommuting
- Responsible for ensuring all Legacy and Estate documentation is complete and up to date
- Providing day to day support for the Legacy Giving program include planning, budgeting, reporting and campaign activities
- Comfortable in basic technical knowledge of gift planning and relevant legal and accounting frameworks
- A strong communicator and a people person – able to instil confidence with donors, staff, and others
- An advocate for a high-quality donor-centred approach to fundraising
- Professional, diplomatic and understand the need to work collaboratively with integrated teams
- This role is located in Toronto and will require one day a week in the office
Across the many cultures and individuals that represent WWF, we are unified by one mission and one common set of values:
- Courage to work for change where it’s needed and to inspire people and institutions to tackle the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
- Integrity to live the principles we call on others to meet and to rely on traditional science and Indigenous knowledge to guide us.
- Respect to honour the voices and knowledge of the communities that we serve.
- Collaboration to deliver impact through collective action and innovation.
- Manage Estate Administration:
- Act as point person for all Estate gifts
- Ensure all gifts are coded accurately, with appropriate donor recognition
- Review all correspondence for Estate gifts including statement of accounts, legal documentation and releases
- Prepare all return correspondence for review and approval
- Provide recommendations when complex issues arise and/or legal action may be required
- Proactively engage with Estate executors, lawyers, and other charitable beneficiaries to build relationships, obtain status updates, confirm distribution schedules
- Prepare Estate revenue projections for program reporting needs
- Maintain up to date electronic and paper records for all Estate donors, including updating Raiser’s Edge gift proposals, and documenting all communications regarding the estate on donor records
- Coordinating Legacy Giving program budget including tracking revenue received and pipeline projections; coding expenses; preparation of internal report summaries and thoughtful review of budget compared to expenditures
- Prepare gift agreements as needed for approvals and sign off
- Support the stewardship and recognition of new and existing endowment fund donors
- Act as point person for gifts of securities internally and with WWF broker, ensuring teams are notified, gifts coded, and donor stewardship completed
- Work in collaboration with Major Gifts, Community Giving, Donor Relations & Services, and the Communications teams to advance program and organizational goals
- Support Legacy event initiatives
- Support Legacy Giving campaign activities including direct marketing, communications, events and donor stewardship
- Experience in Legacy Giving field, including Estate Administration
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated follow-through experience
- Demonstrated donor experience and understanding of what’s needed to secure, grow and sustain meaningful and lasting relationship
- Strong focus on detail and accountability
- Proven ability to set and balance priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines while driving to surpass goals
- A hands-on team player who is able to work independently
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Bilingual in French
- Post-secondary education
- Experience working effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of and/or education in environmental/sustainability issues
The salary range is for this role is $46,000 to $49,000, commensurate upon experience.
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the “APPLY” button.
Please ensure that you application is received on or before January 20 2023, 5 pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Our vision is a Canada with abundant wildlife where nature and people thrive and we value and rely on diversity of thought, knowledge, expertise, and lived experience to help bring our vision to life.
We recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel that your unique experiences can enhance our vision, we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
We encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuk (Inuit), Black, racialized, a person with a disability, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
We are committed to a barrier-free and equitable recruitment & selection process. If you are contacted in relation an opportunity to join our team and require an accommodation at any point in the process, please advise the recruiter of your specific needs. We commit to managing these requests in a confidential manner.