Associate Specialist, Accounting
World Wide Fund for Nature
19 days ago
Benefits of Working at WWF-Canada
You’ll work with a team of passionate people interested in creating a Canada with abundant wildlife, where nature and people thrive. Here are some other benefits of working here:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Paid vacation time and personal days
- Training and development budget to support your professional goals
- Flexible working arrangements and telecommuting
The Associate Specialist, Accounting is responsible for the accurate and timely posting of journal entries and the processing and filing of the supporting documents. They will also be responsible for bank and account analysis and reconciliations. The role provides support for internal inquiries, year end audit documents, and other processes and reporting.
Across the many cultures and individuals that represent WWF, we are unified by one mission and one common set of values:
- Courage to work for change where it’s needed and to inspire people and institutions to tackle the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
- Integrity to live the principles we call on others to meet and to rely on traditional science and Indigenous knowledge to guide us.
- Respect to honour the voices and knowledge of the communities that we serve.
- Collaboration to deliver impact through collective action and innovation.
- Process journal entries and reconciliations
- Processing of journal entries
- File and maintain supporting documentation
- Bank account reconciliations
- Analysis and reconciliation of accounts
- Respond to and resolve internal inquiries
- Contribute to year-end audit processes
- Contribute to IRS Form 990 and CRA T3010 filing
- Seek process improvements and automation
- Some higher education or vocational training in accounting and/or business, or at least 4 years of experience
- At least 2 years of demonstrated hands-on working experience in an accounting environment required.
- Working knowledge of the accounting cycle and provincial sales tax regulations
- At least 2 years of experience working with moderate supervision
- Capable of maintaining confidential information and can convey confidential information discretely
- Adept at drafting routine written communications
- A customer service orientation with focus on fostering positive relationships
Deadline to Apply
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the “APPLY” button.
Please ensure that your application is received on or before February 10, 2023.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Our vision is a Canada with abundant wildlife where nature and people thrive and we value and rely on diversity of thought, knowledge, expertise, and lived experience to help bring our vision to life.
We recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel that your unique experiences can enhance our vision, we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
We encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuk (Inuit), Black, racialized, a person with a disability, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
We are committed to a barrier-free and equitable recruitment & selection process. If you are contacted in relation an opportunity to join our team and require an accommodation at any point in the process, please advise the recruiter of your specific needs. We commit to managing these requests in a confidential manner.