Project Officer, Solid Waste Management Project
World Wide Fund for Nature
Tân An, Vietnam
17 days ago
Location: Long An
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF-Viet Nam was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF-Viet Nam.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Project Officer, Solid Waste Management project, based in Long An.
The Project Officer is technical in charge of the field implementation of activities in relation to the Solid Waste Management project in Long An “Reduction of Marine Litter by better Waste Management & Recycling in the Mekong Area” that started in 2019. The position may also contribute to other projects/ programs in the Mekong Delta Landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree or preferably master’s degree or higher in fields related to environmental engineering, Civil Engineering, environment, solid waste management, solid waste treatment, etc.
- Experience in solid waste management and treatment.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in areas related to the above-mentioned areas.
- Proven experiences in planning and implementation of GO and NGO’s projects.
- Experiences in working or liaison with GO and NGO bodies (e.g., protected area, national park), and working in multi-stakeholders’ settings.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply:
- The detailed JDs are attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”
- For external candidates outside the WWF network, please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: PO - SWM - Fullname
The deadline is March 22nd, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”