Market Transformation Intern
World Wide Fund for Nature
10 days ago
Position title: Market Transformation Intern
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Market Transformation
Duration: 3 to 6 months
About World Wide Fund for Nature, Singapore (WWF)
WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations. As one of the global hubs, WWF in Singapore supports a global network spanning over 100 countries.
We help ensure Singapore’s future and protect critical resources by addressing deforestation, haze pollution, seafood sustainability and illegal wildlife trade. To meet our conservation goals, we drive change across government, business and the local community.
The intern will support the Market Transformation team in Singapore. The Market Transformation team strives to set impactful industry aspirations on sustainability in Singapore and Southeast Asia especially in the areas of palm oil, circular economy and climate. The intern will assist in the day-to-day work of the team.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce statistics, case studies and reports relevant to WWF Singapore’s market transformation activities especially in the area of palm oil.
- Support the secretariat of SASPO in the following functions, but not limited to:
- Member administration;
- Request reporting data for impact reports from members;
- Support planning and logistics for workshop / events / roundtables
- Cross-functional support for events and communication activities
- CRM database administration
- Conduct desktop research of corporates and organisations
- Prepare presentations and material to collaborate with corporates and organisations
- Performs other related duties as needed to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the team
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate students/ Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Science, Environmental Science or related field
- Advanced written and verbal English skills, along with the maturity to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Understanding and experience in palm oil and / or pulp and paper sector would be highly appreciated
- Experience in project management and collaborations with external partners
- Flexibility and ability to work on other projects as needed
- Interest in environmental and sustainability issues
- Passionate about conservation and driving real impact
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is a plus
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
We may also disclose personal data about you to our affiliates in the network in order to manage our relationship with you.
Interested candidates are supposed to submit your cover letter and resume stating notice period and current/expected salary to HR Department (Email: email@example.com).
Please indicate the position being applied for ‘Market Transformation Intern’ in the subject line.
Important Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.