Reports to: Director of Marketing, Communications and Fundraising
Direct Reports: Digital Marketing & Acquisition Manager, Retention & Volunteer Manager, Leads of Tele Marketing and Membership Services
As the Head of Individual Fundraising and Retention, you’ll have the unique opportunity to lead our efforts in cultivating meaningful relationships with individual donors, ensuring their continued support for our vital conservation work. You’ll be at the forefront of developing and executing innovative fundraising strategies that not only drive financial growth but also strengthen our community of dedicated supporters and volunteers.
You will play a pivotal role in the marketing, communications, and fundraising leadership team, ensuring the WWF-Singapore conservation and organizational strategies are implemented across all our supporter communications, with the goal of optimizing support and income across multiple channels (online and offline).
You will be a highly effective senior professional with a proven track record of developing people and programmes. Capable in mobilising, inspiring and developing a high level of personal performance, across a multiple of disciplines to drive successful income generation campaigns.
You will be a highly effective marketing & fundraising manager with a proven track record of developing people and programmes. Capable in mobilising, inspiring and developing a high level of personal performance, across a multiple of disciplines to drive successful income generation campaigns.
As Head of a large Department your main duties will be:
- Increase and diversify revenue streams: Develop strategies to convert existing contacts into financial supporters, reducing cost per lead and enhancing conversion rates. Responsible for managing his/her budget and delivering results.
- Create a meaningful 360-degree donor/supporter experience: Categorize supporters and volunteers for tailored engagement, leading to increased loyalty and revenue opportunities.
- Adopt a unified digital marketing and social media strategy to enhance the efficiency of our channels and boost ROI: By consolidating our social media and digital marketing strategies, this team can create breakthroughs with tailored campaigns, strengthen our brand identity, and analyze data to improve performance.
- Guide the Database, Operations and Transformation team which could be hived-off as a standalone unit in due course to provide additional support to the entire organization. This will enable the IFR, Marketing & Retention team to focus more on generating income and retaining supporters and donors. Our goal is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations, ultimately driving greater impact for our cause.
- Optimize and standardize all reporting needs linked to fundraising according to the set objectives and needs of individual units in the organization, e.g. Finance, Communications, multiple Fundraising Units, Donor Care. Ensure timely delivery of reports.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive & cross-functional donor acquisition, retention, care, and growth strategy.
- Work with the team to build program strategies to deliver on ROI, gross and net income targets, financial KPI’s and donor care.
- Uses donor insights to drive strategic planning, including the development of annuity streams, repeat giving and increased frequency of giving.
- Maintain a rolling strategy that ensures short, medium and long term goals are met and articulate, promote and demonstrate plans across broader teams.
- As a senior member of the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising unit provide strategic input to the overall fundraising strategy in line with the Conservation & Organisational strategies.
- Contribute to a rolling communications calendar, identifying all internal and external communications and activities and appeals
- Optimize and ensure smooth flow of processes like: charging, donor engagement journey (welcome calls, email communications, events and gatherings, welcome packs, etc.)
- Work with the fundraising team to ensure the donor engagement is in line with the planned donor journey.
- Analyse data to help guide decision-making for improved customer service, retention, etc.
- Provide insights from a retention perspective to the acquisition teams, to help improve the quality of new supporters.
- Working across the retention, digital and acquisition teams team to deliver the donor retention & development program optimizing income and retention
- Oversee compliance to and ensure best practice on PCI, PDPA
- Monitor activities and processes for potential risk with all relevant policies and procedures including compliance with donations policy, finance and banking policies; ensure fundraising activities comply with the relevant fundraising legislation and licenses.
- Driving innovation and improving fundraising processes, policies, reporting and evaluation.
- Growing and diversifying fundraising streams across regular and single giving, community and peer to peer giving, and digital giving.
- Deliver a Mid Value donor programme, aligning with Philanthropy and Corporate engagement teams, building a pipeline of high value supporters with a donor centric philosophy.
- Inspire and empower the team, ensuring key accountability and responsibility to deliver the annual business plan.
- Manage customer service/donor retention to ensure we are meeting target SLAs, meeting retention and donor satisfaction objectives.
Working with colleagues in the fundraising & communications team to ensure best practice fundraising and communications are in place and ensure these are tailored to the markets. Ensure any developments in the market are researched and monitored, with the communications team taking advantage where appropriate.
- Deep commitment to the environmental sustainability of our planet
- Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate/Professional qualifications, Business Studies, Digital Marketing or equivalent experience
- Ability to demonstrate practical application of digital marketing expertise to raise funds and retain our supporters
- At least 8-10 year(s) of working experience in the related field, ideally with charities with individual fundraising of over $2million
- Good command over English, with a flair for content and loyalty strategy
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deliver on tight time-frames
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong attention to details and good interpersonal and vendor management skills
- Experience in fundraising or charity projects is essential
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to changing organizational needs.
Interested candidates should email a CV and a cover letter to the HR Department (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line.