Executive, Market Transformation (Climate)
World Wide Fund for Nature
30+ days ago
Position Title: Executive, Market Transformation (Climate)
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Market Transformation
Mission of WWF Singapore:
WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
As one of WWF’s international hubs, WWF-Singapore supports a global network spanning over 100 countries. We help protect Singapore’s essential needs through the actions of individuals, businesses and governments in the region. To meet key conservation goals, we address issues such as deforestation, haze pollution, food security, sustainable consumption and illegal wildlife trade.
The Market Transformation team sets impactful industry aspirations on sustainability in Singapore and Southeast Asia in the areas of palm oil, plastics, sustainable seafood, climate and illegal wildlife trade. Through consultation and close collaboration with businesses, we build platforms, tools and practical solutions closely guided by data and science that help entire sectors to become more sustainable.
We also engage with businesses to broaden corporate participation and take action on climate change throughout their supply chains. Our work with companies starts from supporting them on the sustainability journey and committing to take climate action. We eventually help them align with a 1.5°C world by achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
Through research, events and capacity building we also engage the wider ecosystem in Singapore and beyond to foster climate action; this includes policy makers, think tanks, associations etc.
The Market Transformation Executive will implement and support WWF- Singapore’s projects specifically focusing on climate.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ideate and project manage Market Transformation and office-wide climate initiatives, including doing research and drafting reports. Coordinate with external stakeholders as needed.
- Provide stewardship and management of account relationships with different business platforms with the main focus on climate business engagement.
- Manage communication needs of the Market Transformation team and align with the Marketing & Communication team.
- Support event management for Market Transformation business events, such as webinars, roundtables or conferences. This includes handling invites, platform and speaker management, coordination with cross-functional teams and follow up after the event.
- Coordinate with external agencies and vendors e.g. for research projects, events or for the production of marketing and communication materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, social science, economics, sustainable development, sustainable management, environmental science or related field.
- Academic or professional background in climate science, climate business engagement, climate policy or related areas, or through participation in ground-up or volunteer projects.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of current developments on the topic of climate in the public and private sector.
- Show passion for sustainability and environment.
- Aware of the common standards and terms including ESG, Sustainable Development Goals, Net Zero and climate based targets; knowledge of Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) and carbon disclosure and accounting would be beneficial for this role.
- Experience in account or relationship management or corporate sustainability will be a big plus.
Required skills and competencies
- Strong project and relationship management skills.
- Excellent command of English and good written and oral communication skills. Should demonstrate an ability to communicate complicated concepts simply to diverse audiences, including through the use of office management software such as ppt or xl..
- Self-driven ownership of projects and being able to work independently.
- Passionate about conservation and sustainability, keen to learn and keep up with the latest developments in the climate sector locally and internationally.
- Ability to work constructively with and contribute to a high-performance team.
- Great organisational skills, attention and dedication to details.
- Experience in event management is desirable.
- Analytical skills, strategic thinking and creativity in problem solving.
- Be able to handle coordination of various stakeholders on complex projects.
- Adhere to WWF’s values, which are: Collaboration, Integrity, Respect and Courage.
Internal – Conservation, Policy & Advocacy, Communications, Sustainable Finance, Corporate Engagement, WWF country offices, WWF International and others
External – Points-of-contacts for companies that join Market Transformation initiatives; external agencies and freelancers, other NGOs, trade associations etc.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs and emergence of other special projects.
Interested applicants may submit their updated CVs and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line.