Education Intern (School Division)
World Wide Fund for Nature
30+ days ago
Position title: Education Intern (School Division)
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Outreach and Engagement
Duration: 3 to 6 months
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. As one of WWF’s international hubs, WWF-Singapore supports a global network spanning over 100 countries. WWF Singapore works closely with local stakeholders towards a greener and more sustainable Singapore and the region around us. We work to address key conservation areas, such as climate change, sustainable finance, deforestation, illegal wildlife trade, marine conservation, and sustainable production and consumption, through collaboration, education and outreach efforts involving the community, businesses, and governments. For more information, please visit wwf.sg.
As part of the Education team, you will be working to support the research, curriculum development and event management and other related activities for WWF Singapore.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
You will support the Education Department in the implementation of the school engagement and fundraising programmes, and undertake the following major tasks, as well as other tasks assigned to you from time to time. You will support the Education Team in:
- Support the development of a pipeline of key and high impact school and youth projects through the following functions, but not limited to:
- Project management, review of feedback reports and proposals.
- Assist in monitoring inquiries and responding to or escalating them as necessary.
- Research activities to highlight key information related to school and youth programmes and produce relevant statistics and develop education content.
- Presentation development and communications materials.
- Assist in planning and running educational events and engagement activities.
- Support external partnership activities.
- Engage with other teams within WWF Singapore to develop education content, communications and outreach.
- Literature reviews, data-base management and data mining from websites or documents from various sources
- Perform other related duties as needed to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the team.
- Undergraduate student’s/ Bachelor’s degree in environmental or biological sciences or related field.
- Advanced written and verbal English skills, along with the maturity to work in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Good organisational skills with a high degree of attention to details.
- Understanding and experience in education, sustainability, conservation and related topics.
- Experience in project management and collaborations with external partners would be ideal.
- Flexibility and ability to work on other projects as needed.
- Passionate about conservation and proficient in Singapore official languages is a plus.
This job description covers the main tasks. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
We may also disclose personal data about you to our affiliates in the network in order to manage our relationship with you.
Interested candidates are required to submit their cover letter and resume to the HR Department of WWF-Singapore (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate the position being applied for ‘Education Intern (School Division)’ in the subject line.