Especialista de Engajamento
World Wide Fund for Nature
30 days ago
Specialist in International Campaigns
Brazil has a crucial role in bending the curves of biodiversity loss and GHG emissions. But for the last few years, the country has experienced the most critical setbacks in social and environmental protection systems.
The Specialist in International Advocacy and Campaigns will lead WWF-Brazil efforts to enhance the cross-cutting impact-driven collaboration with WWF offices to act against social-environmental setbacks in the country.
a) Help and support WWF-Brazil advocacy and campaigns coordination with WWF network to achieve zero deforestation and conversion in Brazil, with social justice and governance dimensions of biodiversity policy, sustainable natural resources management and climate mitigation and adaptation.
b) Act on behalf of WWF-Brazil as the communication focal point to the WWF network to build up an ongoing advocacy agenda/campaign mode with the network and relevant external partners.
WWF office in Brazil (Brasília) or any other locations in the WWF network.
- Be the communication focal point in WWF-Brazil to the other offices, mainly WWF-UK, WWF-Deutschland and WWF-Netherlands
- Find opportunities to increase the WWF-Brazil participation in advocacy and campaigns cross-cutting strategies of multi-stakeholder WWF network initiatives.
- Strengths the multiple stakeholder’s framework opportunities of leading advocacy and campaign strategies development at WWF network offices.
- Supports the WWF-Brazil to identify and convene in primary cross-cutting policy and advocacy opportunities and risk areas with the WWF network.
- Combine efforts gathering policy advocacy activities for conservation, environment and human rights, indigenous and traditional peoples’ rights.
- To be present and active in the WWF network convening process as regional and thematic meetings, collective documents development, peer offices review.
- Develop materials (policy briefings, webinars, context analysis) that frame the context and actions needed.
- Foster and act for continuous knowledge management, transparency and accountability.
- Ongoing management of risks associated with the advocacy and campaigns work.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Ability to create multiple knowledge products across various media and platforms, build capacity and manage staff to influence high-level decision making.
- Ability to see over the horizon and take quick action to seize opportunities or mitigate upcoming problems.
- Crisis management skills.
- Build a constructive relationship with WWF network teams covering several areas of work focused on political, technical, communications, event showcasing and logistics portfolios.
- Decision making, sometimes under difficult and fast circumstances.
- Remote office management.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese – other language/s an asset.
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please make sure to upload a single PDF document with your updated CV and Cover Letter.
- Applications deadline: July, 31
- Kindly note work permit restrictions may apply and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.