PROJECT SITE: Manila City, position to be based in WWF – Philippines Head Office
PERIOD: September 2022- February 2023
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
The Project City Social Enterprise Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the social enterprise planned activities of the Project Smart Cities Project in the City of Manila. During the Project Inception Phase, the City Coordinator will assist in the collection of data for the stakeholder analysis, mapping of Barangays with ordinances related to Solid Waste Management and existing operation model for solid waste management. Also during the Inception Phase, the Coordinator will prepare an initial baseline information of all existing social enterprise initiatives related to plastic waste reduction and will establish linkages with different organizations implementing social enterprise in the City of Manila.
The City Coordinator ensures effective and timely reporting, and do liaison works with appropriate local communities, Manila City Government and national line agencies, and relevant partners involved in project implementation. The Community Coordinator is the primary link of WWF Philippines to the communities where the project is being implemented. He/She is expected to establish and maintain smooth working relationships among partners especially the City Government, barangay officials, members of the community and other stakeholders.
- Together with the Project Consultant conduct market study, assessment of community enterprise readiness assessment and prepare a baseline information of existing social enterprises aligns with plastic waste reduction in the City of Manila;
- Coordinate and assist the Project Consultant in their field activities;
- Build effective linkages with different organizations that are implementing social enterprises initiatives related to plastic waste reduction Manila CIty;
- In coordination/ consultation with his/her supervisor, coordinate field activities to ensure timely and effective implementation of work plans and targets.
- Builds effective working relationships and facilitates the involvement and participation of the appropriate community stakeholders and other partners to support the implementation of the program.
- Coordinate regularly with the Manila City Government particularly with the Office of the Mayor, Department of Public Services, Barangay Bureau, Barangay Officials and other stakeholders, and all other relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of field activities and financial plans and timely reports on project progress.
- Provide inputs in the preparation of information, education and communication materials, e.g. press releases and other IEC materials designed to raise awareness and build capacity of stakeholders whenever needed.
- Attend regular staff meetings and participates in regular planning and assessment meetings with staff vis-à-vis set plans.
- Performs other tasks incidental to the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Market study, assessment of community enterprise readiness assessment and prepare a baseline information of existing social enterprises aligns with plastic waste reduction in the City of Manila.
- Monthly Work Plan and accomplishment report.
- Documentation of meetings and project activities.
- Liquidation reports of all cash advances.
- Itinerary or trip reports and relevant accomplishment reports on trips outside the site of assignment.
- Internal: Within WWF Philippines – Project Manager, interacts with NPIN and other WWF field staff and Project Consultants.
- External: City Government, Barangay Officials, Consultants, community leaders, stakeholders, other NGOs.
- Knowledge: Graduate degree in any of the Social Sciences or related fields.
- Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in establishing and managing Social Enterprises, Community Mobilization, Research Work and Community Development works. Background in solid waste management is an advantage.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Good in both oral and written communication in English and Tagalog.
- Computer literate and know how to use MS Office.
- Good natured with excellent human relations skills
- Open minded, willing to learn new methods and techniques, & must demonstrate ability to think, make sound judgment, and deliver workable solutions.
- The job entails staying within the community of the project site sometimes, thus one should feel comfortable in the demands and nature of the job.
HOW TO APPLY
As an equal employment opportunity employer, WWF does not discriminate based on an applicant’s race, religion, sex, gender, or disability status. To reduce paper use, submissions by mail will not be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications, inquiries via phone cannot be accepted.
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and your CV to email@example.com.