PROJECT SITE: Manila City, position to be based in WWF–Philippines Head Office
PERIOD: June 1, 2023– May 30 2024 with six-month probationary period
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
The Project City Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the planned field technical activities of the Project Smart Cities Project in the City of Manila. During the Project Inception Phase, the City Coordinator will lead the collection of data for the stakeholder analysis, mapping of Barangays with ordinances related to Solid Waste Management and existing operation model for solid waste management. The City Coordinator will also assist and coordinate to the City Government of Manila and Barangays the conduct of different studies and researches that will be led by the Project Technical Consultants.
The City Coordinator ensures effective and timely reporting, and do liaison works with appropriate local communities, Manila City Government and national line agencies, and relevant partners involved in project implementation. The Community Coordinator is the primary link of WWF Philippines to the communities where the project is being implemented. He/She is expected to establish and maintain smooth working relationships among partners especially the City Government, barangay officials, members of the community and other stakeholders.
- Assist and coordinate to the Manila City Government and Barangays the conduct of different studies and researches that will be led by the Project Technical Consultants.
- Coordinate field activities to ensure timely and effective implementation of work plans and targets.
- Builds effective working relationships and facilitates the involvement and participation of the appropriate community stakeholders and other partners to support the implementation of the program.
- Coordinate regularly with the Manila City Government particularly with the Office of the Mayor, Department of Public Services, Barangay Bureau, Barangay Officials and other stakeholders, and all other relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of field activities and financial plans and timely reports on project progress.
- Provide inputs in the preparation of information, education and communication materials, e.g. press releases and other IEC materials designed to raise awareness and build capacity of stakeholders whenever needed.
- Assist in data collection for Project monitoring using the Project Monitoring Platform.
- Attend regular staff meetings and participates in regular planning and assessment meetings with staff vis-à-vis set plans.
- Performs other tasks incidental to the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Monthly Work Plan and accomplishment report.
- Documentation of meetings and project activities.
- Liquidation reports of all cash advances.
- Itinerary or trip reports and relevant accomplishment reports on trips outside the site of assignment.
Internal: Within WWF Philippines – Project Manager and interacts with other WWF field staff.
External: City Government, Barangay Officials, Consultants, community leaders, stakeholders, other NGOs.
- Knowledge: Graduate degree in any of the Social Sciences or related fields.
- Experience: At least 2 years experience in Community Mobilization, Solid Waste Management particularly on plastic waste and Community Development works.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Good in both oral and written communication in English and Tagalog.
- Computer literate and know how to use MS Office.
- Good-natured with excellent human relations skills
- Open-minded, willing to learn new methods and techniques, & must demonstrate ability to think, make sound judgment, and deliver workable solutions.
- The job entails staying within the community of the project site sometimes, thus one should feel comfortable in the demands and nature of the job.
HOW TO APPLY
As an equal employment opportunity employer, WWF does not discriminate based on an applicant’s race, religion, sex, gender, or disability status. To reduce paper use, submissions by mail will not be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications, inquiries via phone cannot be accepted.
Interested applicants can email their CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Project City Coordinator.