World Wide Fund for Nature
Quezon City, Philippines
30+ days ago
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capture data in various formats using data from satellites, drone technology, online maps, digitizer, or other means;
- Create, update, and maintain the geodatabases of the assigned WWF-Philippines projects using the agreed requirements and mapping standards;
- Perform GIS-RS manipulations and analysis like overlays and conversion of coverages, data format conversions, remote sensing classification, digital ortho-photography, GPS collection/post-processing/projection, and data reconciliation;
- Build qualitative and quantitative attribute data about the properties, entities, and phenomena relevant to the assigned WWF-Philippines projects
- Generate and update the GIS metadata, which allows estimations to be made on the completeness, history, ownership, and reliability of the data and information derived;
- Design, layout, and produce maps and other graphic products using GIS and other computer software programs;
- Utilize data from social media, news, local partners, etc., to update the interactive application map.
- Monitor the information and photos that the public has provided to the interactive map application.
- Assist in preparing presentation materials, reports, and special events with GIS components.
- GIS maps, overlays, and analysis
- Updated geodatabases and metadata
- Satellite imagery classification
- Updated information on the map application
- Interns should have their own laptop or computer
HOW TO APPLY
As an equal employment opportunity employer, WWF does not discriminate based on an applicant’s race, religion, sex, gender, or disability status. To reduce paper use, submissions by mail will not be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications, inquiries via phone cannot be accepted.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line GIS Intern.