Donor Care Support (Petaling Jaya)
World Wide Fund for Nature
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Career development
- Flexible working hour
- Hybrid working arrangement
2 vacancies available.
The purpose of job is to serve as frontline contact with donors that have been donating to WWF-Malaysia, maintaining database management and internal processes related to donor relations and donor operations.
1. Manage the day-to-day enquiries related to donations and campaigns via email and telephone.
2. Resolve donor enquiries within a specified time frame.
3. Ensure zero donor complaint and process errors.
4. Perform ad-hoc tasks as required by the team to improve overall business such as market research, service quality audit, etc.
5. Maintaining a clean database by updating accurate information.
6. Targets (both financial and non-financial) as outlined in yearly workplan (including yearly budget and yearly Balanced Scorecard Matrix) met.
1. To market, maintain and grow of the individual donor programmes by:
- Up keeping the donor database and ensuring data integrity;
- Utilising the donor database to produce customer service reports for performance tracking;
- Attending to public enquiries pertaining to individual donations in a timely manner, and maximising opportunities to promote individual donor programmes to the public;
- Identifying and where necessary, improving processes that impact donor servicing;
2. Build strong relationships with individual donor base to keep them loyal through excellent donor service and inspire them to encourage others to also support WWF, by:
- Providing them regular updates about WWF conservation work and other
- necessary information such as financial reports through appeals, quarterly
- magazines, surveys, Annual Review and others;
- Ensure consistency of services delivered to donors;
- Making renewals and processing of donations as simple and efficient as possible.
3. Handle complex customer service cases with the overall goal of ensuring donor satisfaction.
4. To contribute to donor retention through active and effective attempts to dissuade donors from cancelling their pledge.
5. To build a productive relationship with partner agencies and strengthen the marketing / maintenance of individual donation programmes by:
- Cooperating with them to improve processes that impact donor servicing;
- Working with them to ensure integrity of donor details and that they furnish
- WWF with accurate and timely data and reports including but not limited to web access to donor data.
6. To cultivate a productive relationship with vendors such as lettershopper, mobile gateway provider and others to optimise their services for customer service and fulfilment.
7. Proper maintenance of the fundraising database system by:
- Enforcement of policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Developing standards and policies for data entry, and ensuring compliance.
- Development and application of procedures to safeguard data security.
- Keeping database documentation updated – this includes user’s manual, data standards, policies & procedures, processes and workflows, and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Data cleaning.
8. Integration of in-house database and outsourced database by:
- Liaising with outsourced database administration vendor on integration issues.
- Recommending solutions for integration.
- Liaising with ICT Unit and/ or solutions provider for technical support.
9. Provide database support to the Marketing Department by:
- Establishing the needs of users.
- Assisting with the generation of complex queries and reports, enlisting the services of solutions provider if necessary
10. Assist in garnering more support for WWF as and when opportunities arise, by connecting the various target groups (companies, government agencies, schools etc.) to other areas of WWF-Malaysia work, fundraising or otherwise, where applicable.
11. Keep abreast of developments in the fundraising and conservation arena through regular reading of relevant materials, online research, networking and seminars/ workshops.
12. Undertake training and attend workshops related to fundraising and marketing.
13. Enlist the assistance of appropriate persons/organisation such as the President, other members of the Board of Trustees, staff and external agencies.
14. Assist with enquiries pertaining to WWF in particular individual donations, and help resolve donor complaints/ issues, with the overall goal of ensuring donor satisfaction.
15. Contribute to the planning and implementation of individual donor programmes which will bring in donations in cash and in kind from individual donors or other identified sources.
16. Participate in all major fundraising events/ campaigns and at times required to lead and coordinate such activities.
17. Alert the Donor Operations Executive or Donor Relations Manager of problems/ potential issues that need to be looked at.
Participate wholeheartedly in the general activities of WWF-Malaysia, particularly events and activities that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
- Graduate preferably with a degree in Business/Marketing/Social Science.
- Minimum working experience of one (1) year in a customer service and or operations environment.
- A mature individual who is able to work with minimal supervision and is resourceful.
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to use appropriate technology to produce reports.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Organising and management skills are required.
- Good understanding of current issues especially having knowledge on environmental and conservation issues.
- Must understand the workings of a database system and have experience working with databases.
- Pleasant disposition with good interpersonal skills, hardworking, innovative, team-player and committed.
- Able to start work immediately.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Fresh graduate
Contract length: 24 months
Salary: RM2,000.00 - RM2,300.00 per month
- Additional leave
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Opportunities for promotion
- Professional development
- Work from home
- Flexible hours
- Monday to Friday