Provincial Coordinator (USAID BCA)
World Wide Fund for Nature
Ðông Hà, Vietnam
25 days ago
Location: Quang Tri
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and Finance to Advocacy and Conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/.
WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Provincial Coordinator (USAID BCA), based in Quang Tri, Viet Nam
- URGENT: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Prompt applications are advised.
The Provincial Coordinator (PC), as the focal point of the USAID Biodiversity Conservation activities at the provincial level, coordinates the implementation of all activities in the target areas as agreed in the annual work plan. The PC is the focal point for the Provincial Project Management Unit (PPMU), and manages that working relationship, as well ensuring close collaboration with other implementing partners and stakeholders to achieve the project targets. The PC also functions as the SA2 & SA3 Manager, responsible for implementing SA2&3 activities on Protected Area Management and Law Enforcement in Quang Tri province.
- Post-graduate in forestry, natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, or in relevant fields.
- More than 5-year working experience in the field of conservation or forestry in Viet Nam.
- Qualification in project management/coordination; working experience with USAID-funded and WWF projects is an asset.
- Experience in Protected Areas management, species conservation and law enforcement against forest and wildlife crimes.
- Adherence to WWF’s values: Courage, Respect, Integrity, and Collaboration.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly, and innovate fearlessly.
How to apply:
The detailed JD is attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
For external candidates, please send your applications to email@example.com stating in the subject line: Provincial Coordinator (Quang Tri) - Full name
The deadline is January 31st, 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”