Innovation Catalyst (Panda Labs Taskforce - Volunteer)
World Wide Fund for Nature
30+ days ago
- Support the organization and coordination of the Regional A-Team by articulating innovation goals and identifying key needs; ensure these connect to the the regional and its country office’s strategy and contribute to broader WWF conservation goals.
- Develop a regional actionable plan to build the skills needed to achieve local innovation goals, including accessing internal capacity building opportunities, tailored coaching, and connecting with partners.
- Support the replication of Innovation efforts that have been carried out by offices to support the actionable plan in building capacity.
- Guide and assist regional hubs to ‘map’ a regional innovation ecosystem; identify key potential partners and facilitate connections.
- Help develop resources and materials that describe local Panda Labs work and opportunities, that can be used to attract additional resources and/or form new partnerships.
- As needed, connect the team to available relevant resources on innovation and processes such as Design Thinking, and other tools that can be used to guide the development of innovative solutions.
- Understand and support regional ‘solution’ development goals, and provide coaching to assist the team to co-create solution(s), including: ideation with the ‘right’ partners at the table, conducting empathy work, developing and testing ‘minimum viable product’ (MVP) and prototypes, validating solutions and business plans.
- Backstop: help ‘think through’ solution development goals, articulate needs, and seek support.
- Promote a ‘networking’ and ‘partnership’ approach to solving challenges and seeking support; forming strategic alliances with key allies.
- Support in networking and pursuing opportunities to connect with potential partners in the local innovation ecosystem, and/or around the particular solution-challenge topic area.
- Catalyze local innovation to develop solutions, with your enthusiasm, fresh perspective and support - help the local team as they launch their local innovation journey, to develop solutions to top local conservation challenges!
- Degree in relevant field (e.g.: entrepreneurship, innovation, business, technology, marketing, conservation, design or other related field)
- Innovation background / experience with Design Thinking and Partnership Development, action-based learning and innovation processes, rapid prototyping, emerging technologies, market research, business modelling, project management, lean startup or social entrepreneurship;
- Ability to inspire, excite and engage people in experimentation and unleashing their potential to innovate. This is your next mission.
- Networking and partnership mindset and demonstrated ability to support collaborative action.
- Open to work in a virtual, global team that is still locally rooted; working on specific problems but still connecting the dots.
- Interest to work with entrepreneurs, partners, NGOs and other stakeholders, understanding their needs and creating opportunities for collaboration.
- Flexibility - able to adapt, operate with uncertainty, and ‘do what it takes’ to get work done.
- Self-reliant + passionate to tackle environmental challenges; and excited to do so!
- Basic computer skills and technical ability to use Word / Excel / Gdrive programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Professional communication styles; excellent writer and communicator, able to adapt to audiences
- (Virtual) public speaking skills and presentations may be required;
- Enthusiastic and a self-starter, enjoys working with people, positive and flexible attitude, and problem-solving/ critical thinking skills;
- Able to work remotely with different cultures and on simultaneous projects;
- Time management and task prioritization is required
If you are interested, please send your CV and your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25th of March.