Forest Landscape Restoration Consultant in Peru
World Wide Fund for Nature
30+ days ago
It is the intention to establish a Global Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) Implementation Hub. The Hub is demand-responsive to countries and partners seeking to overcome FLR bottlenecks and aiming to build on success factors to accelerate and scale FLR implementation. It aims to generate climate and biodiversity benefits and achieve human well-being. The FLR Implementation Hub will consist of an Implementation Technical Support Unit (ITSU) that coordinates the Hub’s overall strategic direction and operations and the three main work packages:
- Increase the levels of finance available for enabling policies that support public and private FLR investments – Investment Preparedness
- Strengthen capacity to plan, implement, and monitor FLR interventions and associated carbon stocks across a range of landscapes and contexts – Capacity Development
- Facilitate increased private-sector engagement and investable project pipeline in restoration action from direct supply chain or impact investments – Private Sector Mobilization and Engagement
There are 6 countries of implementation: Brazil, Colombia, Madagascar, Peru, Tanzania, Uganda.
This consultancy aims to generate information for Peru that will help agree on project rationale and baselines, priority landscapes, activities, potential verification systems, and risk management strategy. The consultant will also support the engagement in Colombia.
2. Objective of the Consultancy
The overall purpose of this assignment is to provide support to the Peru consortium partners CPs (WRI, WWF, and IUCN) and the global team during the preparatory phase of the FLR Implementation Hub by providing inputs for the full proposal development and taking stock of and assessing gaps in enabling conditions for implementation of FLR, best practices, investment opportunities and needs, capacity development, and available data and MRV systems for accurate monitoring.
A consultant/firm with diverse skills and qualifications including:
- Advanced Qualifications in Forestry, Agroforestry, Environmental Management, Natural Resources Management, or related disciplines.
- At least three years’ full-time work experience in sustainable land use practices, project development, environmental and social management plans.
- Knowledge of land degradation drivers and FLR mechanisms and its applications across various land types and land uses in Peru, Colombia and across Latin America.
- Knowledge about Initiative 20x20 and the Bonn Challenge and opportunities and challenges for private impact investment on restoration.
- Understanding of land use data, GIS, web platforms, and monitoring.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills with evidence of undertaking similar assignments in the past.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Spanish.
Consultants interested in carrying out consultancy should submit a brief technical (not exceeding 2 pages) and financial proposal, CVs, list of relevant projects undertaken in the past (name and description, client’s contact information, timeframe, budget) to MFrancoChuaire@wri.org and Mary.Gronkiewicz@wri.org.
The deadline for submission is November 24, 2021.