This position is on a 12-month contract basis reporting to the Visitor Centre Manager. The position provides visitor services in the operation of Hoi Ha Visitor Centre (HHVC) and manages the daily operation of the reception counter and interpretation at the exhibition hall; guiding land-based public eco-tours and developing centre-based workshops/activities related to ocean conservation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides day-to-day visitor services at the reception counter and exhibition hall. Provides and administers both on-site and off-site enrolment service for the centre activities, including but not limited to, public eco-tours, workshops, and festive events.
- Provides backup service and supports school tours and other types of tours.
- Supports the development, delivery, and enrolment of centre-based educational workshops, exhibitions, and festive events. for families, the general public, and community groups. Handles enquires and carries out customer feedback surveys
- Controls the vehicular flow in HHVC to facilitate the smooth flow of traffic, and coach parking, ensures no unauthorized parking in and near the centre, and ensures the safety of visitors when using centre facilities.
- Conducts inspection and arranges equipment maintenance and exhibits of the HHWMPVC with contractors.
- Communicates closely with the Cleansing Contractor to keep HHVC clean and tidy all the time.
- Implements proper security measures for all activities delivered at and through HHVC, as well as all data collected through the check front visitor enrolment system.
- Implements visitors' health and safety policy according to government standard
- In addition to HHVC, provides assistance to other visitors of Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park.
Required Functional Skills:
- Possession of post-secondary education qualification in natural science, or any discipline related to environmental conservation;
- Having at least one year of experience in guiding nature education activities or customer service. Experience in marine conservation, plants and animals and science popularization will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Cantonese, English and Putonghua.
- Possession of First Aid Certificate will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Physically fit for outdoor work;
- Working during weekends and holidays will be required as per the working schedule;
Required Behavioural Skills:
- A team player with good organizing, communication, and interpersonal skills. Accepts personal and team responsibility, and shows civility and respect to colleagues.
The work location of this position is at the AFCD Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park Visitor Centre, Sai Kung. Daily Transportation is available on WWF vehicles from Ma On Shan.
This position is on a 12-month contract basis with scheduled work in the outdoors and at weekends and on holidays as required.