Head, Oceans Conservation
World Wide Fund for Nature
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Principal Functions and Purpose of the position:
- Supports the Director, Conservation, on initiatives that engage with Government and fisheries sector on the establishment of marine protected areas. The role works closely with research groups and the community to protect endangered marine species.
- The role works with internal Policy team on marine advocacy work which involves identifying priority marine conservation areas and protection of Chinese White Dolphin and Finless porpoise in HK waters and Great Bay Area.
- The role looks at collaborations with researchers and academics on projects that assess marine species and their ecosystems including studies of the hard corals at Hoi Ha Wan Marine Centre or other priority sites.
- As the lead on protection of endangered marine species, the role provides a steer and oversees the project strategies, planning and delivery, monitoring and report on both local and regional initiatives from Ocean Practice and WWF International.
- Oversees campaign strategies and prepares budgets and logistics for meetings, activities, events and conferences. Builds partnerships to deliver solutions and support to field based projects, policy initiatives, capacity building and education work.
Required Functional Skills:
- Proven track record in successfully developing, leading, and managing projects in the field of oceans conservation in Asia.
- Extensive working experience (7 -10 years) and good knowledge of fisheries sector and ocean ecosystems.
- Demonstrated experience and/or capacity to be an effective spokesperson on conservation and related policy matters with and ability to interact productively with government and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Cantonese and / or Mandarin desirable
Required Behavioural Skills:
- WWF Values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
How to Apply
Please click ‘Apply Now’ with your full resume and cover letter highlighting your motivation to apply for the job and what makes you a good fit for us, together with your present & expected salary and available date. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
WWF, the World Wide Fund for Nature, a non-profit organization, headquartered in Switzerland, is one of the world’s most recognizable and respected independent conservation organisations.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at wwf.org.hk now.