Senior Freshwater Officer
World Wide Fund for Nature
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
8 days ago
Location: Ho Chi Minh City/ Can Tho Province, Viet Nam
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF-Viet Nam was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF-Viet Nam.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of 01 Senior Freshwater Officer, based in Can Tho or Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
The Senior Freshwater Officer oversees the coordination and implementation of activities in relation to the Coke-Tram Chim and DFAT-Nature-based Solution projects. The position entails working in close cooperation with the protected areas management boards, implementing partners, consultants, and other stakeholders in the Mekong Delta. The position may also contribute to other projects/ programs in the Mekong Delta Landscape and within the freshwater practice.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage projects in both the technical and financial aspects to ensure high quality of the project deliverables to achieve its objectives and goals.
- Take a leading role in working with responsible government authorities at different levels for project implementation;
- Ensure project activities in compliance with WWF Network Safeguard Policies;
- Collaborate with project implementing partners to develop and implement annual project workplan
- Monitor project implementation progress, produce technical progress reports, ensure all donor requirements and deadlines are met, and final project objectives and KPIs are achieved;
- Bachelor/ (preferably masters) on biology, nature resources management, environmental management, or relevant fields.
- Qualification in project management; working experience with WWF projects is an asset.
- Proven experience and proficiency in biodiversity conservation including proven success with research and surveys of wildlife species
- Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Vietnam and in the project provinces.
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation and the government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the not- for-profit sector in the region.
- Adherence to WWF’s values: Courage, Respect, Integrity and Collaboration;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly, and innovate fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply:
The detailed JD is attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
For external candidates, please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: FW SPO – Full name.
The deadline is May 25th, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”