WWF-Laos _Operation Director
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
What we do
WWF is working on the ground across the Asia-Pacific region to conserve biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife
WWF’s mission in Cambodia is to ensure that there will be strong participation and support from all people to conserve the country’s rich biological diversity. The WWF-Cambodia conservation programme that started more than 20 years ago is implemented in 2 landscapes – Eastern Plains Landscape (EPL) and Mekong Flooded Forest (MFF) Landscape and built over the following 4 pillars of interventions: (1) Securing Landscape Integrity and Sustaining Conservation and Livelihood Development, (2) Freshwater and Sustainable Hydropower, (3) Protected Area Management and Conservation Research and (4) Sustainable Financing – Green Economy.
We are looking for a committed, result-driven candidate for the position of WWF-Laos _ Operation Director
The Operation Director (OD) leads the operation team in WWF-Laos. He/She ensures the different teams and functions across WWF-Laos are properly supported and working efficiently, effectively and collaboratively. Additionally, ensuring systems, processes, risks and compliance are mitigated and/or strengthened for consistency to achieve high impact conservation projects. The OD as a member of the Country Management Team (CMT) and supporting the Country Director, contributes in the decision making and direction of WWF-Laos to fulfil its country strategy, mission and objectives.
- An advanced degree in management, business administration, international development, relevant fields or equivalent experience;
- At least 10 years professional experience in a leadership role, with demonstrated success in managing teams and office operations, corporate engagement and relationship management, and managing complex budgets;
- Proven knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations, governance and regulatory compliance.
- High level negotiation as well as interpersonal and influencing skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships within WWF and across the WWF Network and in the business and not-for-profit communities;
- Proven experience of managing programmes funded by a diversity of sources including institutional, governments and aid agencies, private sector donors with annual budget of 2-3 million USD;
- Excellent conflict management and work well under pressure;
- Proven leadership skills with excellent capacity to manage human and financial resources;
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff and external partners;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Lao language ability highly preferable;
- Organizational awareness and service orientation;
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
How to apply:
Interested candidate please download the application form from https://www.wwf.org.la/about/work_with_us/, and submit together with cover letter and CV in English in word/pdf format to email@example.com citing in the subject line the position that you applied for. CVs will be screened on a rolling basis and WWF reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline if a successful candidate is identified.
Deadline for applications: 22 Nov 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.