Senior Coordinator - Conservation
World Wide Fund for Nature
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 days ago
Senior Coordinator – Conservation
Emirates Nature-WWF (EN-WWF) is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. EN-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
Work closely with Conservation Director, Head of Climate and Project Managers and support the delivery of priority Conservation projects. Focus shall be given to specific deliverables and activities rather than day-to-day tasks.
- Collect information on key stakeholders and related policies, update stakeholder engagement plans and notes to keep tools up to date.
- Distill strategies and objectives into workplans allocating roles and responsibilities for teams alongside timelines. Use internal organizational tools to translate workplans to be shared with wider organization.
- Liaise with project teams, experts, and units responsible to deliver multiple activities under COP28 to ensure successful delivery.
- Support the Unit with logistics, planning and activities of MENA climate week, COP28, and other events. This would include background research, preparing reports and briefs, speaking notes for events, invitation letters for high level, assisting with logistics and brainstorming sessions, as well as on-the-ground support during the event.
- Update calendar of events, and notify team of key events and conferences as required. Provide support to team members participating in conferences as required.
- Provide support to spokespeople preparing messaging and decks; as well as provide meeting notes and support overall administration of the two projects
- Assist in fieldwork logistics preparation, participate in fieldwork activities and support in data collection and archiving including photographs and videos.
- Provide assistance with internal requests, including but not limited to providing slide decks and required ad hoc information to the organization, etc.
- Support the coordination, organization, execution, and follow-up of workshops for various projects, including preparation, on-site support, and post-workshop activities.
- Support the Unit in meeting requests by current and potential donors around the delivery of benefits and project content. This includes but is not limited to communications collateral, slide decks, reporting, toolkits, and videos for corporates and the wider public.
- Assist the team with ad hoc external requests.
- Engagement inventories, Workshops checklists, notes, agendas
- Active participation in organization, unit, and project meetings
- Background papers, templates, checklist, and task management software to be completed or updated regularly
- Updated communications and BD toolkits as required, project reports and briefs
- Desktop review summaries on various topics
- Archives on Internal (WWF) Positions and local messaging
- Fieldwork inventories and reports
- Fieldwork collateral and visuals
- Content for communications/Business Development
- Minutes of Meetings
- 5+ years experience in environmental management, project administration and event coordination
- Experience in stakeholder engagement with diverse groups of actors (government, researchers, local communities, etc.)
- Proven track record in writing project reports, proposals and briefs; experience in managing projects and teams is a plus
- Working experience in the Arabian region and UAE (preferable).
- Graduate degree in environmental science, environmental management, climate change, policy or relevant field.
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of Arabic is highly desirable.
EN-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of EN-WWF, placing higher priority on EN-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic EN-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
- Results oriented and focused
- We passionately seek impactful solutions to overcome the planets greatest challenges
- Uses a science-based approach and applies facts, logic and professional knowledge to create impact, displaying a strong understanding of the issues
- Demonstrates focus, determination, efficiency and accountability
- Consistently delivers high-quality work
- Acts and communicates openly, constructively and ethically, and is sensitive to other people and cultures
- Treats others fairly and respects others points of view, creating an environment of trust
- Is consistent, honest and transparent in what one does and says
- Demonstrates self-awareness, manages own emotional response, and is aware of the impact of own behavior on others
- Demonstrates professionalism and upholds a high regard for the reputation of the organization
- We live the principles and standards we call on others to meet, and hold each other accountable
- Shows empathy, listens, asks questions and shows consideration and understanding for others
- Is approachable, empowers others, provides trust and mutual respect
- We remain optimistic, light-hearted and participates in celebrating success together
- Recognizes the value that each individual brings to the collective impact of the organization
- Embraces diversity and inclusion
- Speaking with one voice, unified by one mission, shared values and common priorities
- Seeks to build powerful and aligned networks with government, organizations and communities
- Demonstrates perseverance and commitment to the Mission and Vision of the organization
- Acts with confidence and from a position of strength
- Takes measured risks and encourages action
- Inspires hope and optimism
- Stays informed of external developments and trends and adapts accordingly
- Pursues avenues for continuous learning and development
- Stays open-minded, seeks innovative and creative solutions
- Flexible and open to change and others view-points, remains calm and confident during change
- Embraces feedback
- Strong willingness and ability to learn about new topics
- Willingness to take the lead on ad hoc requests from stakeholders.
- Able to work efficiently with multiple tasks on a broad range of topics.
- Project coordination skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and exceptional teamwork abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (desirable).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to perform under pressure.
- Self-starter and able to prioritise activities accordingly.
- Set challenging but realistic goals and solve problems effectively.
- Supportive, constructive and open to influence in dealing with others.
- Friendly, open, and sensitive to the satisfaction of the work group.
Internal - Works closely with all units and from time to time can be requested to report to the MT
EN-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
How to apply
Please send your application consisting of a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate to work with EN-WWF and your CV with the subject ‘Application for Senior Coordinator – Conservation ’ to the attention of Ms Magdalena Tayoun on email@example.com before 23rd June 2023.