Manager – Strategic Partnerships (Membership and Donor Acquisition)
Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental charity, established in 2001 under the Honorary Founder and President H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan as a legacy of the late Sheikh Zayed’s vision for the United Arab Emirates. HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the Ruler’s representative in the Al Dhafra Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD) Board of Directors.
We operate with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and are governed by a local board of directors.
Emirates Nature works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. Emirates Nature-WWF has been active in the UAE for two decades and is renowned for its commitment to biodiversity conservation, habitat protection, sustainable development, and community engagement. Some of our flagship projects include marine conservation initiatives to protect coral reefs and marine species, wildlife conservation programs focusing on endangered species such as Arabian oryx and sea turtles, habitat restoration projects in critical ecosystems, and sustainable development initiatives aimed at mitigating climate change impacts and promoting eco-friendly practices across various sectors.
Major duties and Key Responsibilities
- Works independently along the team of Strategic Partnerships for day-to-day activities.
- Leads acquisition of donors for Microdonations Project Funding for EN-WWF.
- Supports the Unit to attain donors for Leaders of Change Program.
- Adheres to WWF Corporate Guidelines and ensures adherence within the team and externally.
- Leads submission of WWF Corporate Partnership reporting and supports Strategic Partnerships Coordinator and Representative in their workplan implementation.
- Develops support tools and best-practice protocols for private sector partnerships.
- Acts as the liaison for WWF Asia-Pacific offices and leads negotiations of cross-territorial partnerships on behalf of WWF International.
- Manages crises related to corporate engagement and represents WWF externally at events and meetings.
- Provides support to the Head in team management, budgeting, and global project delivery.
- Acts as a secondary point of contact to regulators such as MOCD, IACAD, ERC, and DCD.
- Supports the implementation of strategies as defined by the Markets and Finance Practices.
- Drafts Corporate Engagement strategy and annual action plans.
- Develops corporate engagement journey pipelines and KPIs.
- Works with corporate partners to incorporate environmental sustainability into their business models.
- Contributes to the marketing strategy, ensuring alignment with corporate strategy.
- Collaborates with teams to identify funding gaps in conservation projects for fundraising.
- Leads due diligence on potential corporate partners and develops funding proposals and MoUs.
- Responds to unsolicited partnership inquiries and maintains corporate reporting requirements.
- Promotes WWF’s mission within the UAE business landscape through networking event
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in business development, preferably in marketing agencies
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and digital applications/tools.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- High level of cultural sensitivity and awareness with ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Proven knowledge and or experience in the non for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations.
Emirates Nature-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of Emirates Nature-WWF, placing higher priority on Emirates Nature-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic Emirates Nature-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Teams: Develops direction and shared purpose, builds a team through coaching to ensure the accomplishment of goals and high level team performance.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Managing Resources: Makes the right judgments based on financial and resource availability.
Establishing Strategic Direction: Generates options to achieve long-range goals, selects the best strategies for success and delivers on strategic goals.
- Strong leadership and team management capabilities.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to develop and execute membership engagement strategies.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands
Internal: Works with all Units
External: Works with external Stakeholders such as, but not limited to, Government entities, international and local Corporates, Individual Donors
- Balance between proactivity and reactivity
- Plan but not over-plan
- Implement innovatively with a future driven mindset.
- Being courageous
- Embedding MTP with impact at scale
- Embrace decision making process based on adaptive management
- Ensure all changes in decisions do not move away from original goal and MTP
- Keeping to the ambition/vision/goal and MTP
- Ensure we are meeting the plan to achieve goals whilst adapting tactical plans along the way
- Working together as matrix organization to implement strongly
- Be confident
- Believe in success
- Retain high level of ethics
Emirates Nature-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
How to apply
Please send your application consisting of a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate to work with EN-WWF and your CV with the subject ‘Application for Manager-Strategic Partnerships’ to the attention of Ms Magdalena Tayoun on email@example.com before 29th February 2024.