Conservation Outreach Assistant Manager
World Wide Fund for Nature
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
30+ days ago
Conservation Outreach Assistant Manager
Emirates Nature is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
We work in association with WWF (hereafter EN-WWF), one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. EN-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
EN-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
It is our organizational objective to ensure a high performing workforce within our offices with highly efficient, skilled members all of whom will be unilaterally focused on supporting and delivering conservation activities within the UAE and our stakeholders.
As a Conservation Outreach Assistant Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing volunteer programmes and citizen science projects that contribute to EN-WWF’s conservation portfolio and are immersed and aligned to the organisation’s conservation goals.
He/She will support the design of inspirational, relevant, science-based programmes and adapt them for different audiences, including youth-focused approaches. These programmes should be tightly monitored and adapted, to ensure maximum impact.
The Conservation Outreach Assistant Manager will support with the project management of multi-faceted initiatives including logistics, event planning, stakeholder management, community management, marketing and communications support. He/She will be expected to be a leader of our community to achieve measurable transformative impact at scale.
The successful candidate will work closely with other units (Memberships, communications, special projects etc.) to ensure smooth operations and successful integration with the broader organizational goals. He/She will drive our communities towards action. Additionally, he/she will support with the management a team of interns, freelance instructors, consultants, and volunteers and ensure full compliance with the policies and procedures of the organization.
Conservation Membership Products, PPSR & CWN (70%)
- Drive the vision for transformative community engagement for conservation impact.
- Manage the capacity building process internally and externally around citizen science. Ensure accurate data collection and adherence to protocol, compile citizen science data.
- Participate in conservation portfolio activities to ensure immersion on projects and better understanding of project goals.
- Work on the development of volunteer concepts and workplans (field and virtual volunteer activations) for the EN-WWF community (including youth).
- Manage the logistics preparations & needs for the successful delivery of activities in collaboration with vendors and partners.
- Contribute to admin tasks, formal correspondence, field-work planning and permit applications.
- Responsible that vendors and project teams are following strict Health and Safety standards & manage the risk management for these activities.
- Develop content & accompanying materials to support volunteers in their journey.
- Contribute to impact reporting and M&E.
- Enhance the scalability of volunteer activities across all ages and through communities and link with behaviour change campaigns.
- Support with the creation toolkits and with the organisation of workshops, meetings, trainings and majlis’.
- Work with the team to achieve a seamless volunteer experience.
- Keep abreast of international best practices and regional activities to ensure that the solutions that EN-WWF offers are always relevant.
- Identifying scope of work, creation of vendor proposals and engagement with vendors forcontract development and deliverables.
- Lead on procurement, keep track of expenses and invoices and support budget management.
- Drive volunteer engagement, rewards & creation of a communities of action
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team to develop content specific for different audiences.
- Effectively train, mentor and supervise Freelance instructors, consultants, Interns, ambassadors, and volunteers to assist in advocacy and delivery of activities.
- Maintain an effective working relationship and foster collaboration with strategic partners and ensure that there is effective coordination of all activities in support of joint objectives
- Support the creation and execution of an activities calendar to maintain engagement.
- Manage digital tools and their evolution.
Support organizational priorities and communications (30%)
- Deliver a seamless chain of communication and support with enquiry handling and communications with the community.
- Work with the Communications and Digital teams to develop messaging and social media content for outreach initiatives.
- Generate content from onsite events and activities.
- Report on volunteer satisfaction and community insights as well as brand sentiment for adaptive management & contribute to impact reporting and M&E for membership products.
- Represent EN-WWF in meetings and government led workshops, to the extent possible
- Identify strategic opportunities and support with fundraising.
- Experience and background in environmental sustainability, ecology, nature conservation or similar.
- Interest and knowledge of local biodiversity and it’s conservation
- At least 5 years of experience and a strong working background in project management, outreach activities, citizen science, field volunteering or similar.
- Data literate and reliable with accuracy of data
- Degree in Environmental Science, Ecology or relevant field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic is highly desirable
EWS-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of EN-WWF, placing higher priority on EN-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic EN-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring EN-WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes. Building Working
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Leading Change: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
- Results oriented and focused
- We passionately seek impactful solutions to overcome the planets greatest challenges
- Uses a science-based approach and applies facts, logic and professional knowledge to create impact, displaying a strong understanding of the issues
- Demonstrates focus, determination, efficiency and accountability
- Consistently delivers high-quality work
- Acts and communicates openly, constructively and ethically, and is sensitive to other people and cultures
- Treats others fairly and respects others points of view, creating an environment of trust
- Is consistent, honest and transparent in what one does and says
- Demonstrates self-awareness, manages own emotional response, and is aware of the impact of own behavior on others
- Demonstrates professionalism and upholds a high regard for the reputation of the organization
- We live the principles and standards we call on others to meet, and hold each other accountable
- Shows empathy, listens, asks questions and shows consideration and understanding for others
- Is approachable, empowers others, provides trust and mutual respect
- We remain optimistic, light-hearted and participates in celebrating success together
- Recognizes the value that each individual brings to the collective impact of the organization
- Embraces diversity and inclusion
- Speaking with one voice, unified by one mission, shared values and common priorities
- Seeks to build powerful and aligned networks with government, organizations and communities
- Demonstrates perseverance and commitment to the Mission and Vision of the organization
- Acts with confidence and from a position of strength
- Takes measured risks and encourages action
- Inspires hope and optimism
- Stays informed of external developments and trends and adapts accordingly
- Pursues avenues for continuous learning and development
- Stays open-minded, seeks innovative and creative solutions
- Flexible and open to change and others view-points, remains calm and confident during change
- Embraces feedback
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, generating innovative ways to drive nature conservation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to influence, persuade and obtain consensus to achieve results.
- Energetic, creative, and confident public speaker.
- Proven stakeholder management and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Proactive and proficient at multitasking and analytical skills
- Produce high quality products/services with attention to detail.
- Supportive, constructive, and open to influence when dealing with others
- Friendly, open, and sensitive to the satisfaction of others.
- Experience using social media for brand awareness and impressions. Excellent knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
Internal: Liaising in close collaboration with Marketing & Engagement and Conservation
How to apply
Please send your application consisting of a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate to work with EN-WWF and your CV with the subject ‘Application for Assistant Project Manager – Conservation Outreach’ to the attention of Ms Magdalena Tayoun on firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st January 2023.