Location: Da Nang/Hue
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and Finance to Advocacy and Conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/.
WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Senior Project Officer, Plastic Smart Cities (PSC), based in Da Nang or Hue, Viet Nam
The Senior Project Officer is the Field Coordinator for issues related to Plastic Smart Cities program in the cities Da Nang and A Luoi (“The Cities”). S/he, under the guidance of the Plastic Smart Cities Manager, is responsible for support the development and implementation of Plastic Smart Cities strategy & work plan to ensure the discharge of plastic waste into the environment in The Cities is reduced through strengthening the cities governance, obtaining commitment of the cities leaders to participate in WWF Plastic Smart Cities platform, encouraging private sector, CSO and communities’ engagement, school children education.
- Minimum bachelor level degree in relevant management or development area
- Experience in managing complex development projects with cities, specifically in Vietnam cities
- Experience in project management
- Experience working in international NGOs or relevant development agencies including managing budgets and funding reports
- Adherence to WWF’s values: Courage, Respect, Integrity, and Collaboration.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly, and innovate fearlessly.
How to apply:
- The detailed JD is attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
- For external candidates, please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: PSC Senior PO - Full name
?The deadline is September 28th, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”