Senior Project Officer
World Wide Fund for Nature
Côn Sơn, Vietnam
Location: Con Dao
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and Finance to Advocacy and Conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Senior Project Officer, The Mitigating Marine Plastic Debris in Viet Nam Project (BMU), based in Con Dao, Viet Nam.
The Senior Project Officer is in charge of coordinating and managing the field implementation of activities under the Plastic MPA component that he/she is assigned to in compliance to donor’s and WWF’s requirements/ policies, with good quality (as working conditions allows) in a timely manner. The position will support activities under the Plastic MPAs component with more focus and responsibility on Con Dao island.
- Bachelor degree or preferably Master degree or higher degree in fields related to Waste management or Waste treatment technology, Natural resources management, Environmental science, technology or biology
- Proven experiences in planning and implementation of GO and NGO’s projects. Experiences in working or liaison with GO and NGO bodies (e.g protected area, national park), and working in multi-stakeholder settings
- Good understanding of Con Dao island, and issues related to: conservation, climate adaptation, water resources management (quantity and quality), environmental protection and communication for changes
- Adherence to WWF’s values: Courage, Respect, Integrity and Collaboration;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly, and innovate fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply:
- The detailed JD is attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
- For external candidates, please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: BMU Senior Project Officer – Full name.
The deadline is June 13th, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”