World Wide Fund for Nature
Cần Thơ, Vietnam
25 days ago
Location: Can Tho
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and Finance to Advocacy and Conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/.
WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of 01 Project Officer, based in Can Tho, Viet Nam
- URGENT: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Prompt applications are advised.
Project Officer will support the project team in the planning and implementing related aquaculture works in UBS OF project to ensure compliance with the Project Document, WWF network standards and Donor policy and to execute close collaboration between the projects and program’s management, partners and other relevant stakeholders in the project sites.
- At least Master’s degree on aquaculture, environment, natural resource management, environmental economics, or in relevant fields
- At least 2 years of practical experience as Project Officer or aquaculture technician, experience with rice-shrimp or mangrove-shrimp model is an advantage
- Experience in conducting studies and coordinating research activities
- Experience of working with CSOs, SMEs, Government officials, local communities and/or donors at all levels
- Adherence to WWF’s values: Courage, Respect, Integrity, and Collaboration.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly, and innovate fearlessly.
How to apply:
- The detailed JD is attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
- For external candidates, please send your applications to email@example.com stating in the subject line: UBS Project Officer (Can Tho) - Full name
The deadline is November 27th, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce."